Accessing my Apple Music Files

I am using an Innuos Zenith powered by InnuosOS version 1.4.1

TEXT GOES HERE

I do not use wi-fi: the Innuos Zenith Core Is connected by Ethernet

TEXT GOES HERE

I am unable to create a connection with my files on what is now called Apple Music not iTunes. When I have tried to follow your guidance it always creates an error message. I need some help with this please as to be able to access my Apple Music would be excellent. Apparently Apple no longer support XNL files.

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi Johnston,

It might help support if you can quote the error message, or take a screen shot and post it.

Hello @Johnston_Lowry and welcome to the community! Please provide a screenshot of the error you’re receiving by following these directions. In regards to your Apple Music, go to Library > Export which will generate an XML file.

Once you have the XML file from Apple Music, you can use this file to import Apple Music content to Roon by following this article. Let us know if you have further questions on this process.

1 Like

Hi: thanks. I will do that. But you may have given me a clue here. If I download my music library onto my computer rather then have it in the cloud that makes sense. Will give that a go. This has really bugged me so I will be massively grateful if we can sort the problem out.

Apparently Apple: who I contacted: will no longer store their music files in XML and they suggested I get back to you. It seems fairly intractable but surely this is resolvable. But maybe Roon have to configure a better way of integration with Apple Music as iTunes is n is no more. I have so many CD’s ripped onto Apple it would save so much time were I able to play all those lossless files.

Here are the screenshots

OK, so if the core and Apple Music files are on different machines, you’re not entering the path correctly. First, you have to ‘share’ the music directory, and when you do this, you will see an SMB address in the sharing panel. Enter this address in the Roon Core “Storage Folder” setting. You may also have to click “options”, and enable an account for sharing. Apple Music music is now stored in something like: /Users/mike/Music/Music/Media/Music, hit the plus sign and add this as a share, and you’ll end up with a network share location that looks something like: smb://192.168.178.21/Media

Hello @Johnston_Lowry, MJB is correct! We also have a helpful article about sharing across the network, which you can find here. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you so much. The folder is now shared on Roon . Sadly it is not yet working. I wonder if I have got the correct folder. But maybe it just takes time as there is a lot of music. I have a feeling the problem is now with Apple Music and the arrangement of the music into the right folder. I will report back later. Stay safe and thank you again, both of you.
Kind regards, Johnston

Hi Newriy
I need to remove the network share and start again. Can you show me how to do that please?
Thank you, Johnston

Hello @Johnston_Lowry, we sure can! The article I recommend for this is located here. Let me know if you have any questions about a step.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.