Activate auto login Windows 10 headless no longer possible on 20H2?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 Pro update 20H2 build 19042.685 / NUC8i5BEH / Roon server 1.7 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description OF Issue
With a clean installation of version 20H2 (Windows 10 Pro), the checkbox “Users must enter…” is no longer displayed. So no more possibility for auto login according to this KB

What ‘internet’ says: The automatic login with explained here option no longer works in the latest Windows 10 update, the October 2020 update with version number 20H2.

If you have already set up automatic login under an earlier version of Windows 10, the settings will remain in effect. Only automatically logging in an account again is then no longer possible.

I have had the same issue and find the solution here: https://www.askvg.com/fix-users-must-enter-a-user-name-and-password-to-use-this-computer-checkbox-missing-in-windows-10/

Yes, that KB should be modified according to this:

While it says Server, it works for Windows 10 Pro. I just set it up.

Hi Frank,

SOLUTION 2: Fix Using Registry Editor worked for me. Thanks a lot! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Done!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.