Active Speakers For Home Office - Elac ConneX, Triangle Twins AIO or Other?

Looking for suggestions for Active speakers for home office setup. Currently using a pair of Sonos speakers (ones) … these sound muddy and un-responsive. Therefore I am looking for a reasonably cheap (and better) alternative.

am thinking of either the Triangle AIO Twins (do these work with Roon??) or the Debut ConneX DCB41

suggestions welcome!!

budget = max £600

I was looking for something similar and decided to go for a pair of c10 Audio Pro’s. I had heard them in an Airbnb and was very impressed by the sound to cost ratio; they are approximately £300 each and accept AirPlay2, Chromecast, Bluetooth, Ethernet and analogue inputs.

They are identified quickly by Roon and play nicely!

1 Like

not quite what i am looking for. but thank you very much for the response!

No worries, I was sceptical at first but with the addition of a spare RPi/DAC Hat they reach places my other systems couldn’t.

Do they need to be active? What other features do you require?

nope, they don’t have to be active. just wanted to try and avoid needing to get an amp & dac

was literally looking at hooking these straight up into my pc, either wired or via wifi, bluetooth is not needed (or wanted).

Could your budget stretch to a pair of Sonos Fives. Or would they be too big if in use with a PC. I have a pair of Sonos Fives and once Trueplay ran, I really enjoy them and they have the benefit of a 3.5mm input on each. These will work with Roon like the Ones.

I believe one of the Roon Community users have a pair of PreSonus actives. Also have a look at Kanto YU6 speakers. I have not heard them personally but fall in you budget. These will need an additional source for Roon.

1 Like

I was looking at this, but I had a few sets of small speakers in the loft and this seemed to offer everything I needed in a small enclosure.

1 Like

Not fully active but QAcoustics M20 get good reviews , I have the previous BT3 model and they are great set of powered speakers and good value but require a source. If you want a set to work wirelessly with Roon then you’re looking at more expensive stuff kef lsx.

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with these for many years.

My kids also enjoyed them through college and are still using them on their computer systems.

If you are in the UK, you could look at the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2 and add a streamer such as the WiiM Pro streamer (which will be Roon Ready this summer) for about £500-550.

1 Like

just ran the trueplay and re-tuned the speakers… amazed at the improvement this has made to the clarity of sound… think i am just going to stick with the Sonos now to be quite honest… and look at getting some desktop stands instead.

1 Like

I have had a set of desk stands in my Amazon basket for a few weeks, but seeing your post earlier made me finally check them out thanks.
Like you two Play One’s on my desk and I wanted to angle them a bit.

1 Like

You’re most welcome :grinning:. What brand did you buy in the end? I got a pair of Flexson’s

1 Like

I had three sets in my basket, I ended up checking out these ones.
I think they will be good, its just to get some angle there under my monitors.
I am spoiled in already having a stereo in the room, so these are mainly for when I am sitting or standing at my desk for long stretches.
The Flexon desk stands look great though

My MacBook Pro is connected to my iFi zen DAC V2. The DAC itself is connected to a pair of PreSonus Eris E 4.5 BT monitor speakers.

They didn’t break the bank and they sound very good to me.

I’d look at a pair of Vanatoos.
Check the stereovile review.
I have a pair of the original version, bought after listening to them at an long past Denver Audi show