Add a new album on Roon data base

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Hi, can you please add this Album to your data base: Back in the Big Apple (live)

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is the album identified in Roon?

Unidentified

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Qobuz

Simon & Garfunkel

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Thanks

It’s there.

Alternative & Indie Rock genre :smiley: Genres are generally a mess, not just in Roon

Unfortunately my Roon doesn’t show it :frowning:

I suppose you have it as local files? Did you try clicking on “Unidentified” and finding it manually?

Yes, of course. I’m getting the same albums that @fietser is showing, except the first :slight_smile:

I also changed language, from Italian to Nederland, but no album.

I’m able to find it in Qobuz, and if I add this version to my library, Roon says “duplicate”, but “my” album is always “Not identified”.

1 Like

What if you check your metadata in f.e. mp3tag.
Are you seeing the album in ignored files?

The album is in my library, as Unidentified. And there’s no way that I can get its metadata.

Hi Fab,

This might help. Try clicking the 3 dot menu, click Edit, Click Identify. This will open an identification screen that will allow you to search for the album and choose it.

I understood you had the album as a download, so you could run it trough mp3tag.
If not so I am out of options and maybe #support can look further.

Thanks, but, of course, I already did that. No results

I also cannot find the album if I search through the Identification page to identify an Unidentified album.

I noticed the album on Qobuz and added it. But, even then I still couldn’t find the data using the Identify album process. I wonder if it is a regional issue?

May be. I can find it on Qobuz too. But not in Roon database.

Roon doesn’t get it’s metadata from Qobuz, so it’s possible to have a local copy that’s unidentified by Roon but available in Qobuz.

The solution would have to come from the services Roon uses for it’s metadata.

1 Like

So, is it possible to add this Album to the database used by Roon? I mean, manually?

The user can’t add it manually, but I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the user could contact one of the metadata sources Roon uses and request the data be added. Perhaps someone here more familiar with this could shed some light on this?

Edit: I found this thread about correcting metadata.

Yes it is. Easiest way to do this is get a Musicbrainz account and manually add the album to their database. For this it’s easiest to use the actual files for track times etc.

Roon will pick up the metadata from Musicbrainz within a couple of days. I’ve added a lot of unknown albums using that method.

1 Like

Thanks, this solved the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.