Add identification for Holo May Dac

Super small feature request but:

Currently all of the holo spring variants are on roon, but not the latest Holo May dac.
It would be great if this could be added! Or is there perhaps a way I can edit the icon for myself to show a may instead of spring?

Hello @GoldenSound,

We’ve reached out to Holo Audio for the required assets to make this happen. Check in periodically as the device will likely be added in a background update.

-John

1 Like

Awesome thank you!

Hiya! Just wanted to check if there was an update on when this might be added?
Alternatively, is it possible for users to in any way edit the device ID icons/names so that I could sort of bootleg it myself a bit?

I know its a minor thing, just keen to see that icon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Holo May icon was never added. When to expect?

1 Like

Hi John.

Just wanted to check if you’d received any info from holo or kitsune hifi in regards to this yet?

Hoping the may identification can be added soon!

1 Like

Another Holo May user here. Is the holdup on Holo’s side? Thanks.

1 Like

The info for the may should all be the same. Both the may and spring have the same USB/playback capabilities.
Only real difference is the name change :stuck_out_tongue: Would be great to see this added!

1 Like

Yup- lots of super-audiophiles still waiting in patient, loving hope for the addition of Holo Audio May KTE DAC to the Roon device library!

6 Likes

Heya, has there been any update on when this might be added? Been almost 2 years with no news :frowning:

4 Likes

Wow. Silence is… golden? Such an impressive lack of acknowledgement; it takes real focus to not respond to something so assiduously.

+1 waiting for this. I will keep breathing though as I do, I know better than to do otherwise.

2 Likes

The Spring 3 isn’t there either - even if the icon is the same.

Another Roon user waiting, hoping, fingers crossed for Holo May DAC identification in Roon.

1 Like

My understanding is that for this to happen, Halo Audio must first send a Holo May DAC to Roon Labs for testing. The DAC will not be returned after testing is complete.

It could be that Holo Audio decided not to make the investment.

1 Like

DACs don’t need to be tested or certified. I wouldn’t send an expensive DAC just to get the right name and graphic in Roon.

2 Likes

Is there a way for a user to enter plain text and choose the same icon?

1 Like

Hello Roon admins, any updates or progress on getting Holoaudio May DAC onto the ‘Roon Ready’ list? Seems that their Spring Series DACs are already Roon discoverable? But not HA’s upper tier DACs?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Wow, just amazing/disappointing to see the complete lack of any follow up from Roon on something like this!

1 Like

Roon Ready only applies to streaming DACs (i.e. with a network input).

You need to talk to the manufacturer not roon. All of the decision to get a product certified comes from the manufacturer.