Add share not working (network share)

Roon Core Machine

RoonServer is running on Unraid 6.10.3.
CPU i7-6700
16GB RAM

Music is on an unraid share that I am able to read and write to from windows explorer.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

RoonServer connected over ethernet to router.
Windows PC that I want to use as a remote connected over WiFi.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Having trouble adding a network share! I’m able to read and write to the share from windows explorer. (Am on Windows 10 Pro btw)

I’m inputting the same credentials as I used to connect to the share in windows explorer. And copying the ‘network share location’ from explorer address bar.

In another topic someone suggested this link but it’s dead: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/faq-i-m-having-trouble-setting-up-my-nas

Not sure where to go from here. Some advice would be great please, thank you!

You can try this one instead (troubleshooting section):

Additionally, make sure SMB 2 connections get accepted by your server.

How installed?

Note: Docker and VMs for example are unsupported install methods and make this thread belong to the #tinkering section of the forum instead of here in #support. Unsupported install methods may come with their own stumbling blocks (not allowed {insufficient rights} to create mounts for example).

If possible, avoid to connect to the music share via remote connection (shared folder, SMB) as it seems to me that your music is located on the same machine as Roon Server.

Sorry I didn’t realise installing in Docker would be an issue. Thank you for the help, I will try again after work.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.