Added album won’t load but can’t delete, either

Roon Core Machine

using small green computer core wireless connection to macbook pro

Networking Gear & Setup Details

core is hard-wired to naim uniti atom he streamer

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I added an album to usb storage files on sgc core. it comes up fine but the first track was missing. I was able to play the album with the missing track. today I re-added the missing track but discovered that it was already on the usb drive (but unplayable). now the album won’t load at all although I can see it’s cover. would line to delete it and start over. flummoxed.

Not sure how you tried to delete, but try using the Mac Finder to delete the entire album (making sure you have a backup copy somewhere on your system). Then, within Roon, go to Settings/Library/Clean Up Library/ Clean Up Deleted Files. Finally, re-add the album files to the folder used to import into Roon.

HTH

I’ve done the latter but not the former. as the files are on the storage disc in my core perhaps deleting them there as well? having just listened the files on the mac are not corrupt. good suggestions. thanks.

I hate to say it but sometimes when deleting albums and then trying to add them again too quickly can get Roons panties in a bunch.
Been there done that… tonight even and I should know better…lol.
My solution is the good old reboot of the Roon Core machine, usually straightens sh!t out

lol. did that. will try deleting the files off of the storage disc in the core and wait a day or two for roon to straighten out their garments. thanks for the help.

The easiest way to delete an album ‘refused’ by Roon is to Identify it as an album proposed by Roon. Even if the proposed album has no reference to the album you want to delete.
In fact, Roon just needs to write something in its database, in order to make it ‘actionable’ for deletion.

1 Like

not sure that this applies as I’m having trouble with an album that I uploaded. all of the tracks have been deleted from the HD in the core and the core has been rebooted. I also changed the name of the album in iTunes and uploaded it again to the core HD. additionally I re-scanned the folders in storage and cleaned up the library under maintenance. still showing in roon and still inaccessible. any more ideas or an actual tech person with the company would be most appreciated. thank you.

Did you try?

I’m afraid that I don’t understand what you mean by “an album proposed by roon”, so no. could you please explain with more detail?

Suppose I need to delete the following album, but Roon does not allow me to:

So, you want to Identify the Album

In Green you see the album as it is identified (correctly in my case) by Roon.

Now you select another one presented in the list by Roon

You will see a number of errors reported

but you click on Save anyway.

At this moment Roon will write info in the record of this album in its database, making it accessible again for deletion.
So, you go back to the album with the ‘identified’ reference, go back to Edit, scroll down and Delete album.

I have done this more than 20 times now. Has always worked for me.

Hopefully this helps!?

Dirk

Sounds to me as if the files on the Mac, which you re-uploaded to the SGC core, are corrupt. Maybe only the first track, maybe more tracks. I’d delete the album from the SGC HD, re-rip the CD, and then re-upload those files to the SGC machine.

I believe Roon has a way to flag corrupt tracks, but I’m not sure where to find that.

Ah, here:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.