"Adding music to library" looped; checkin ROCK update error

Roon is endlessly trying to identify recently added files, to no avail.
Perhaps related I get the message that there was an error checking for an update regarding ROCK.

This is what I tried:

  • reboot the NUC, powercycle the NUC, powercycle the modem/router, reinstall OS, powercycle the switch, check the port forwarding in the modem/router as well as check the network settings: fixed IP adress, gateway, DNS server. All good. But so far no joy.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nuc i7, 250 GB SSD, OS Version 1.0 build 227; Roon Server Software version 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Nuc is behind a netgear switch that is connected to the modem/router. All connections are wired

Hello @Johannes,

Thank you for reaching out! Can I please request that you share a screenshot of your ROCK Web UI?

What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear and modem? Which ISP are you using?

Hi @noris,

Here’s the screenshot

Modem/router is a so called Connectbox provided by ISP Ziggo. It’s a Eurodocsis 3.0 modem.
All connections are wired with Cat5e or Cat6 through Netgear GS105 or 108 switches.

Hi @Johannes,

Thank you for that screenshot!

I noticed that you are using a static IP for the NUC, can you please confirm if you have also set up Address Reservation on your router to ensure that no two devices share the same IP address? If you can switch back to DHCP, this would be a good test.

How do you have your DNS servers configured on your router, are you using Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS?

If you try to bypass the switches, is there any change in behavior?

Hi @Noris,

Sure, I’ve set up adress reservation! And no, I’m not using Cloudflare Quad9 or Google DNS.
I bypassed the switches, no change.

Hi @Noris,

Some additional info: after I switched to DHCP as you suggested the ROCK software was properly checked. After reinstalling the OS the albuminfo for new files was acquired.
So problem solved - sort of. It’s still a puzzle to me why the static IP gave problems, since af far as I know, the modem/router was and is properly set. But that problem is on my side of the wires, so I’ll dig a bit deeper, if at all possible :no_mouth:

1 Like

Hi @Johannes,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to resolve the issue by switching back to DHCP!

I would change the DNS on your router to one of the one’s I suggested, it should help with general network stability as well.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.