Adding Music to Library Trouble

To select All, the shortcut is Ctrl-A, just like Windows. Also like Windows, you can select a range by right-clicking on the first item, then mousing to the last item in the range, hold Shift and right-click again…

Did you restart Roon after deleting these 6 files?

Yes, I restarted Roon after deleting 6 files. The screenshot below is the one right after restart.

And in Focus>inspect>corrupt, There appears nothing like below

And when I click the blank outside the middle box of ‘adding…’, the screen is like below

Hey @Jaegyun_Choi,

Thanks for giving that a try! That would have been an easy way to collect your corrupt files. Outside of that, my next suggestion would be to consolidate all corrupted files into the same folder, and test out re-transcoding them back to their native format.

While Roon can’t do this, you can use a third-party app like dBpoweramp to check the integrity of your files. Here is more information on this:

Thank you so much for advice. I was very busy these days and I am trying your suggestion today.
I opened audiotester64 and moved Pop-rock 1 folder to audiotester.(I will move Pop-rock 2 folder later)
and audiotester says “4040 files failed”
The list has thousands of files and there are some messages in the end of the file name like “[truncated @0m00s]” or “[BAD ID3v2 TAG]” or “[LOST_SYNC @0m00s]” or “[MD5_MISMATCH]” but most of the file names don’t have these messeges.
There seems to have no menu or button to fix these files. What can I do from here?
I would appreciate you if you help me to fix this trouble to the end. Have a nice day!

Hey @Jaegyun_Choi,

Thanks for the update! I would next consolidate all your corrupted files into a single folder, and use a third-party app like dBpoweramp to re-convert your files. Here is more info on how this works specifically with dBpoweramp:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMC/FileSelector.htm

After you convert the corrupted files, I would follow up with another test to ensure your files are no longer corrupt. :+1:

Thank you so much for advise. I installed dBpoweramp and searched web for checking corrupted files. they said for this, I have to try test convert with batch converter. so I have excuted test convert and got the report of thousands of corrupted files.
Is there a way to erase these files or move these to another folder easily? or do I have to erase or move these files manually each by each refering to these report? If I have to do this manually, It seems it will take tens of hours. I would appreciate you so much if you give some guidance for disposing these corrupted files easily if there is a way.

Hey @Jaegyun_Choi,

You wouldn’t be deleting the corrupted tracks, but rather, you would need to re-transcode them back to their native format, which you should be able to do in dBpoweramp. After completion there, I would run another check just to ensure your files transcoded properly, and are corruption free. :+1:

Thank you. It seems I can have a hope that I don’t need to take a long time to fix this trouble. but I don’t know how to re-transcode these files. Can you tell me the way?

dBpowerAmp which is CD ripping and audio file management software has a batch converter option.

If you select MP3 to MP3 it effectively re-codes the original file, and can help to fix format issues.

I’d suggest that if dBPA also fails the files are not recoverable and will need replacements.

1 Like

I have tried to re-codes all the original files(most of them are flac files) but it didn’t fix corrupted files. So I tried to remove all the corrupted files manually with reference to report from batch converter. It took around 5 hours. (this post is from a long time since last time because I was a bit busy with my work and it to a long time to remove files from music folders designated in storage menu)
After completing moving all the files to another temporary folder which is not added as music folder in the storage setting and 2327 files has decreased to 890 files when I restarted roon.
I don’t know where these 890 files has come the reason can be what I have changed some folder location during these removing some files. I hope these number will be decreased to 0 and I will report again. Thank you always for all the guidance.

Hey @Jaegyun_Choi,

After you did this, did you also perform a library clean up?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

After waiting for 1 day, I could see completion of adding music to library. and I did ‘clean up library’.
Now everytime I start roon, the number of tracks are 33. This is huge improvement comparing to 2327 which is the number of the time before I removed corrupted files through dBpoweramp check.

But Now dBpowerampcheck doesn’t give any remained corrupted files information except around 100 mpg(movie) files which I believe roon does not support.
If I wait 10~20 minutes, the number 33 decrease to 18 suddenly. but after that it stucks again and is taking too much time to complete(It seems it takes more than 2~3 hours) but during this 2~3 hours, roon is very slow, so It takes 10~20 minutes to select 1 song or albums with my computer.
Is there any way to diagnose and detect these 33 files which dBpoweramp can’t detect now?
Appreciating your help always. Thank you.

Hey @Jaegyun_Choi,

Unfortunately I’m not able to connect to your core to enable diagnostics. If you could, use the directions found here and send over another set of logs to our File Uploader?

You are correct here, and I would also re-locate any files that aren’t supported to a separate folder that isn’t scanned by Roon. :+1:

I have sent log files zipped with file name “jgchoi22@naver.com
I used to turn off the computer but for your access I will turn on computer and roon from now on.
Thank you for reply and support always.

Hey @Jaegyun_Choi,

Below are 13 of the potentially corrupt files:

Tears for Fears - The Seeds of Love (Remastered) - 09 - Tears Roll Down (Bonus Track).flac
Tears for Fears - The Seeds of Love (Remastered)\Tears for Fears - The Seeds of Love (Remastered) - 10 - Always in the Past (Bonus Track).flac
Tears for Fears - The Seeds of Love (Remastered) - 11 - Music for Tables (Bonus Track).flac
Tears for Fears - The Seeds of Love (Remastered) - 12 - Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams (Bonus Track).flac
Tears For Fears - Raoul and the Kings of Spain (480982 2) - 08 - Humdrum and Humble.flac
Tears For Fears - Raoul and the Kings of Spain (480982 2) - 12 - Los Reyes Catolicos (Reprise).flac
Tears For Fears - Raoul and the Kings of Spain (480982 2) - 09 - I Choose You.flac
Tears For Fears - Raoul and the Kings of Spain (480982 2) - 10 - Don't Drink the Water.flac
Tears For Fears - Raoul and the Kings of Spain (480982 2) - 11 - Me and My Big Ideas.flac
Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic\Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic - 15 - Sea song.flac
Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic\Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic - 16 - Ashes to ashes.flac
Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic\Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic - 17 - Empire building.flac
Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic\Tears For Fears - Saturnine martial & lunatic - 18 - The way you are.flac

I have removed upper 13 files to another folder not added to library, and number is now 24. Thank you so much.
(At first the number was the same 33. but after cleaning up 19 files in ‘clean up library’, it is now 24.
Even after completion of adding music(after wating 2~3 hours everytime I turn on the computer and;start roon), Roon seems quite slow comparing to the time before Feb this year (the time trouble started). I have to wait 5 minutes everytime I touch each stage of choosing an artist, discography, album, track. So it takes still more than 15~20 minuites even in completed(adding music to library) status.
I didn’t have any trouble in using Roon since last year that I subscribed first until Feb this year. But when update notice apepeared, I chose to update as always, and after that update every trouble has started. I don’t know why. Do you think reinstalling windows and roon can be solution?

Hi @Jaegyun_Choi,

How does performance run if you temporarily disable E:\1. Pop-rock 2 under your watched folders? This seems to be the source of most of your errors in logging.

Hey @Jaegyun_Choi

If possible, could you send over a copy of the database you’re experiencing these issues on? Steps to follow below:

1. Zip up your RoonBackups folder (right-click it and select “Compress…”):
  2. Submit the .zip file to us through our Database Issues portal

Let me know when this is complete. Thanks!

Wonder has happened. I intended to disable Pop-rock2 and I have seen the number has been decreased to 18. it started to count but I have seen the notice for update. So I have chosen to update.
After update, it was just marvelous. Roon has shown the 2 folders(Pop-rock1 and 2) reading and files counting even before adding music to library start, it said “completed” and furthermore, roon was so fast as to show all the artist in 1~2 seconds and when I selected an artist, discography, album, track, it reacted in1 second each like it was before the trouble has happened in Feb.
I don’t know what was the cause and the way it was solved. But now I am very happy and I really want to appreciate your guidance so much.
But I have a fear that there is a possibility this trouble can happen again someday and it can not be solved because I don’t know the real cause and the way to solve.
So I’m not sure if I give you backup folder database as you have told you can diagnose the cause and the way to solve, or will it be impossible because there is no problem anymore in my system and database? Can you give your opinion what would be better for me to do? Or next time if this happens again, will it be effective to diagnose and remove corrupted files with dBpoweramp and update roon in the next update notice?

1 Like