Adding Music to the Library, (too long) process

This process takes almost one hour in my NucleusPlus to process my half million files. But the bigger problem is that, while it runs, Roon gets annoyingly slow, making navigating through the Music Library almost impossible.

Is there any way of

• preventing it from starting?
  • pausing it?
  • schedulling it?

That would be nice.

Thanks
Rui Ribeiro

Stop the audio analysis (both - background and on-demand), and start it again when you are not using Roon to listen to music.

OR, stop audio analysis completely, and set it to run On Demand. That is what I do.

Having 500000 files is going to take time to analyse each one and pull metadata, having it on a nas likely longer. Turn off analysis in settings library and start it in downtime. It means you won’t have dynamic range info and display waveforms until you do but it will make playback easier as the cpu isn’t as busy. Initial analysis pretty much take all the machines resources…

That would be great and precisely what I am looking for. But please, where is that miraculous SETTING ?

Settings > Library

Thanks a lot for the advice. I must be absent minded because I looked everywhere for that Setting

These are my Library settings a long time ago. The ones I thought could be related are Switched Off. Is there any other relevant ?

I would turn on „on demand“ or nothing will ever get analyzed.

But if turning off the background analysis doesn’t help, then it wasn’t the real or the only problem

1 Like

Shall I switch ON the last one, that saying OnDemand , as Acelerated for exemple? It has been always switched off in my case, don’t tell me I understood it wrongly and we must put it ON /fast or accelerated), in order to stop the process and get it only on a Demand basis…?

Background analysis, the first option, runs automatically in the background and analyzes the whole library (or when you add someone new). It can take a long time with a very big library and uses a lot of resources until it is finished.

On-demand, the second option, runs only for the tracks you play, when you play them.