Adding the computer folder to Nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Time Machine, Ethernet connected Roon and Nucleus

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nuprimer DAC-10H

Description Of Issue

Are there any manuals on how to add a computer folder to a roon storage when using Nucleus as Roon core. When adding computer name or IP address I am getting different red disclaimers: not authorized, host not found, unexpected error. I am using Mac OSX.

What operating system are you trying to connect to?

Sorry, I shoud write it in the first place: mac OSX

Looks like they have not added how to do this to the we new KB. Really lame Roon.

You first need to make sure that the location is fully shared for other devices on the network, windows often has issues with this so make sure you have network discovery turned on.

Adding a location normally entails either //ipaddress/share folder, //hostname/shared folder. Or you can try smb://ipaddress/shared folder smb://hostname/shared folder

You will need to have the username and password entered that allows access.

And now found the kB article not where you would expect it. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/faq-how-do-i-create-a-shared-folder-on-mac-and-add-it-as-a-watched-folder-in-roon

1 Like

Thanx. This has done the trick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.