Adding to library and getting album artwork

An issue began several weeks ago, shortly after I updated to Roon 1.7. When I click Add To Library, I get a message, “Adding this album is taking longer than normal. Roon will keep trying in the background.” The album then appears in my library, but not the album artwork. I now continually see, in the upper right corner, to the left of the Add Bookmark icon, the spinning icon indicative of downloading.

I have a Nucleus connected directly to a router. It also is connected to an external USB drive containing high resolution files, but most of my music listening is via streaming from both Tidal and Qobuz. This issue occurs when I add albums from Tidal and also from Qobuz. I have manually turned off the Nucleus via the button on the back, and restarted it, but that did not resolve the issue.

At this moment, my WiFi download speed is 95.5 Mbps and upload is 11.6 Mbps. I control Roon primarily from my iMac running macOS Catalina (10.15.3), but occasionally from an iPad. On both the iPad and the iMac, all recently added albums appear with generic gray cover art placeholders.

When I access Settings > Services and click the Edit buttons for Tidal and Qobuz, both indicate that I am successfully signed in.

What can I do to resolve this issue? Also, does Nucleus automatically update my versions of Tidal and Qobuz? If not, how do I initiate the update of the versions installed in the Nucleus? Also, in the Services Settings, in addition to Tidal and Qobuz, I find Dropbox. Is that application there as part of the software that Nucleus uses?

Thanks in advance

Have you rebooted everything from router upward?
Dropbox is added by default so you can backup to it if you wish.

Hi @Jeff_Kane,

Can you describe your networking setup? What is the router you’re using?

How many tracks total are in your library? You can find this by going to Overview.

Ged,

Thanks for the tip. I had rebooted the Nucleus and other components in the system several times, to no avail. After reading your message, I decided to do it again, but I did it in a different way.

Previously, I had rebooted the Nucleus using the button on the back: turning it off, and then turning it back on. The Nucleus, the router (a Linksys Velop), and other components (DAC, Pre-amp, etc.) are all connected to a Tripp-Lite Isobar surge protector. I turned off the Surge Protector, thereby cutting power to all components, waited a short time, then turned the surge protector back on.

Now, everything appears to be working. New albums previously downloaded but without cover art are now showing the cover art. To test the system, I downloaded several more albums, and they downloaded with cover art quickly, with no never-ending spinner in the upper right corner.

So everything appears to be OK now, and hopefully will remain so. I don’t know whether cutting the power rather than using the button made the difference, or whether that is coincidence. Regarding Dropbox, I did not see mention of Dropbox in the Nucleus installation info, and had installed Dropbox in my system for other purposes several years ago (long before Nucleus existed), so I was not sure why it appeared in the Nucleus setup. I appreciate knowing that it was installed by default.

Thanks again. Stay safe!!!

1 Like