After deleting an Album no possibility to re-add to database via ripping

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC running Roon Core. I5, 2TB SSD

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet, BlueSound Node2, Quad Artera Play

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

BlueSound Node2 via Ethernet, Quad Artera Play

Description Of Issue

Dear Support Team,

I am a Roon beginner and I am really enthusiastic about this amazing piece of Software.
I recently bought an external USB CD drive attached to my Computer running the Roon core (i5 Processor, 2TB SSD drive) in order to start the automatic ripping of audio CDs.
This works pretty fine, including the retrieval of Meta data.
Today I encountered the following problem:
I was ripping a 2CD set (Albéniz: Iberia; López-Cobos @TELARC). The 1st CD was ripped and tagged fine, while the 2nd one was not tagged at all. No titles, Cover art, etc…
During editing I made a mess and thought it would be a good idea to start all over again. So from within Roon I deleted the two albums. When reinserting the CD into the drive it is being ejected after a few seconds. The Roon web Interface gives a warning “This 6 track CD was already ripped at 12/21/2019, 2:02:22 PM”.
It seems there is no possibility to get these CD’s back to Roon? The problem remains even after a restart of the Roon core.

Do you have any clue?

Kind regards
Andreas

Hi, that sounds like it is the ripping software on the PC that’s reporting that message, not Roon.

Could you describe what ripping software you use and where the files that it rips are located.

Is this location watched by Roon, or do you then (after ripping) have to move (or copy) the file to the Roons watched folder?

Hi Carl,
The ripping is done automatically by Roon after inserting the disc into the USB drive attached to the Roon system. There is no manual copying involved. The ripping and storing of the data is totally handled by Roon.

You say you “deleted” the albums within Roon. Did you do the deletion of the files themselves from the drive they are stored on (and not just deleted from the Roon library)?

After adding the Folder storage/InternalStorage/CD-Rips to the Roon watched folders it seems to work. However I have no idea why Roon removed this location from the watched folders. Thanks a lot for helping to find the solution!!
Best regards
Andreas

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.