After disabling/enabling the Denon AVC-X8500 H it is visible, but can't play music

Roon Server Machine

Nucleus
Roon Server Version 2.0 (build 1353)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FritzBox 7590, Ethernet, no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

for example:
Denon AVC-X8500 H, HDMI
Apple TV, connected with Denon 8500 (HDMI)
Denon Home 350, via Airplay
Denon AVR-X4300 H, WiFi

Number of Tracks in Library

9500 tracks

Description of Issue

(Translation with Google Translator)

Yesterday I noticed that my Denon 8500 was listed twice in Settings/Audio. I was able to activate a device. I did that and deactivated the “old” (activated) Denon.

The “old” Denon then disappeared from the display.

The “new” Denon is displayed, but I cannot play any music.

The play indicator starts for a millisecond and then stops again.

Streaming music via Heos/Denon 8500 works without any problems.

Roon and Denon Home 350 also work without any problems.

Today I connected and activated a Denon AVR X4300 H for testing purposes. The music is playing here too.

I can even use Roon via Apple TV connected to the Denon 8500 via HDMI.

But Roon and the Denon 8500 no longer get along.

I unplugged all devices several times and restarted them.

Roon Server Software has restarted. “Operating System” has been reinstalled.

All without success.

I hope someone here can help me!

Many greetings, Johann

Hi @Johann_Franz,
Thank you for your patience while we worked through the queue. If you provide the date and time when this issue occurred we will activate diagnostics on your account to look into this issue further.

Good morning Daniel!

This happens every time I try. I just started an attempt (December 15, 07:56, Munich,

Europe, Wintertime)

I just saw that as of today all Denon devices are disabled. I can’t activate it: “not certified”

“There is a problem with this device…Unfortunately the manufacturer has not yet completed the certification of the device.”

This is new and apparently more users are having this problem.

Yes, this could be a problem at Roon Labs end - I saw a post yesterday about a Marantz AVR showing the same message.

Denon and Marantz AVRs are Roon Tested, but not Roon Ready - and I’ve seen no announcement form the companies that they intend to move to Roon Ready status on any of their models.

I’m checking with Roon Labs on this.

2 Likes

It’s happened to lots of users with the latest models after last Heos update so something is a foot and it’s popped up before any announcement in preparation or is a big mistake. But it does give a RAAT SDK version etc which I guess must be present on device to show up?

Let’s wait and see what Roon Labs say about this…

2 Likes

[quote=“CrystalGipsy, post:7, topic:259087”]
It’s happened to lots of users with the latest models after last Heos update so something is a foot and it’s popped up before any announcement in preparation or is a big mistake. But it does give a RAAT SDK version etc which I guess must be present on device to show up?
[/quote

Thank you for the answers!

But the original problem was before the Heos update and the certification problem.

Your issue is something else and will need supports input I feel.

1 Like

I have the Denon avr-x8500h. I believe the only difference between the AVR and AVC is the digital radio tuner.

I’m not having these issues and my firmware is up to date according to the firmware check. What firmware release is your AVC showing?

Any news from Roon HQ?

I never had any problems either.

Only when the 8500 appeared twice in the devices and I activated the “new” 8500 did the problems arise.

This is the current firmware version.

Can you enable airplay in other devices?

Mine is 8510-2045-5112-9011, yours appears to be more recent. Think I will hold off on that one if it comes up. Thanks, and sorry to hear you’re having issues

Airplay works fine on other devices.

Good morning Daniel!

Is there any news about the error yet?

Roon is running again.

I reset the Denon’s network settings.

Now the Denon is shown to me three times (2x Denon 8500 and living room Denon), but I can now play Roon under “Living room Denon”.

This is a bug in Roon with it showing it up multiple times. If your reboot your core it will clear them up. Do you have and mDNS proxy or repeaters running on your network gear as this has been know to do this with Roon?

Geoff,

Tomorrow is a big announcement from Denon/Marantz which rumors have it will announce Roon ready support. Have you found out anything additional about this?

Nope - /10 chars.

See here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/marantz-cinema-line-heos-when-is-it-roon-ready/243953/46?u=geoff_coupe