After iMac software update, IMAC can't find Roon Core

Screen print, please?

Ok, this message is for Nucleus or ROCK devices.

If you updated, rather than installed anew, and you did so under the same Apple account on your iMac as the old version of Roon, then I donā€™t know what the problem is.

Tagging @support for this.

OTHO, if you have a Backup of your Roon library, you can always do this -

Ok, thanks

when I log in, it says Iā€™m already logged inā€¦lol

Unauthorize.

yup- that worked. so why was that happening?

Thatā€™s been a common problem, lately.

Not seen it iirc on a Mac tho, has been the domain of nucleus and rock predominantly

Hello @jimmy_stabler, my apologies for the trouble here, but glad you got things working again! Iā€™d recommend restoring a backup to get things back on track. It sounds like something in that update for your mac caused an issue with identifying the device.

thanks, but why does it take more than a few days for someone from Roon to respond to my post?

Hi @jimmy_stabler ā€” We strive to respond to all reports within one business day whenever possible. Our team generally works during the day in US Eastern Time on Mondays through Fridays, so sometimes we arenā€™t able to respond until Monday. You have our apologies for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

Bringing this issue up, because it happened again once I re-started my computer.

So do the same thing again you did to fix it last time.

no ā– ā– ā– ā–  buddy. Iā€™m bringing it up so they fix it.

Finding out what the Mac updates do sounds more sensible.

sounds like it is/was common problem that hasnā€™t been addressed by Roonā€¦how bored are you?

No itā€™s very uncommon on a Mac.

But Iā€™ll leave this for @support to chip in.

Hello @jimmy_stabler, my apologies for the continued frustration here. I wanted to confirm that youā€™ve reauthorized your core and the issue persists? Next time you see this message, could you please reply here with a timestamp (the date and time the issue occurs in your local timezone) so I can enable diagnostics for your account?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.