After Power Outage Can't Find Roon Core

Does anything happen if you press Enter on the keyboard when you are on the second screen? It says “hit enter to continue”

I didn’t see anything happen. You can the hostname is ROCK.

Here is a better picture of the boot.

Just to make sure I’d like to ask if the Nucleus was connected to the network (Ethernet cable) while it was connected to the monitor and keyboard and while you intended the resetnetwork command…

As to the boot messages, all seems to be ok. There are two messages on the second screenshot catching my attention: ‘Searching for network address…’ for one, and ‘Hit enter to continue’… I would hit enter again, making sure the Nucleus is connected to the network.

On the other hand, there are also two messages which seem to indicate that the /roon/data/MachineSettings/network directory is missing. I don’t know if this is expected behavior after resetnetwork, or if this indicates filesystem corruption…

I was not connected to the network when I did the resetnetwork command. I was told to get to a TV to do this operation. So I was not connected to the network to do this operation.

[quote=“Jim_F, post:42, topic:235240”]
I would plug the Nucleus into a TV or monitor and see what message you get on the screen. That might tell you if there is a hardware issue.

Actually, this is what I said.

I suppose that resetting the network won’t work without the Nucleus being connected to the network. The process is designed for letting the Nucleus forget about its network settings and look for a new IP address from the DHCP service on your router.

Are you saying have a network connection while doing the resetnetwork command?

No, I did not say anything about a reset command. I don’t know anything about that.

It was me who suggested exactly that. Trying this may still work; the screen message suggests that the Nucleus is actually looking for an address, but without being connected to the network it won’t be able to get one.

1 Like

According to the arp table the 192.168.1.66 was gone after I did the resetnetwork command and reattached to the network. The address came back when I tried to reload the Roon Software.

When can I get my Nucleus reflashed?

You can probably do it yourself. Same as this minus a few steps…

I don’t have a Rock, that is the problem. I have a Roon Nucleus purchased from Roon. It is currently showing a hostname of Rock and not allowing me to install Roon Core Software.

Yes, but it’s the same. After you do the install, Roon @support works some magic to add the passive cooling and upgrade you to a Nucleus. I did this 4 months ago when I had to replace my M.2 drive in my Roon Nucleus.

I don’t have a Nucleus+, I only have a Nucleus with no capability for an internal drive. I’m at a point I would like to ship the unit back to Roon and have them fix it.

Every Nucleus has an M.2 drive that holds the Roon software. They all come with a place where the owner can install an internal SSD for music files if they choose to do so.

But, of course, you can arrange to send it back to Roon. It’s free unless your warranty is expired (2 years).

How do I get an RMA?

Roon @support will probably want to trouble shoot first. If they can’t resolve the problem, they can give you a RMA.

Paging @benjamin

I’ve been waiting for support to get involved in this issue. I’d rather have them troubleshoot and fix versus me continuing to spin my wheels.

Took me an hour including opening the Nucleus and replacing the M.2 and downloading ROCK and reflashing the M.2 drive. But, not everyone wants to do that.