Airplay and not working


(Filipe Cunha) #1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
IBM T410 @ Intel M520 64Bit 2x 2.4GHz 8GB RAM
Roon Version 1.6 Build 401 64 Bits

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

From the server to the SR 8012 the signal Should go via cable, passing over the following devices
Cables all cat 5e
2 Allied Telesyn AT-GS900/8 switches
1 Ruter TP-Link AC2600
SR 8012 is connected over LAN connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

SR 8012 has a built in Airplay
Server was controlled over an Ipad or a mac book, same outcome on both

Description Of Issue

Hi I am having an issue when streaing via Airplay to one of my devices.

The device in question is the Marantz SR8012, when i start playing through it over Airplay, it stops the music after 5 to 7 seconds.

Tested it using Itunes and it streams OK, without issues.

I also have an Audio Pro A10 and there is no issue with it.

Grouping the devices also has the same effect where the music stops after 5 to 7 second.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks

Filipe


(Dylan Caudill) #3

Hi @Filipe_Cunha,

Can you share screenshots of Device Setup for this Zone in Roon? Do you have DSP Enabled?

Does this occur with all content or just specific content (local vs streaming, file types and qualities, etc.)?

If you play to System Output of one of your remote devices do you have similar issues or do things work okay?


(Filipe Cunha) #4

Hi @dylan,

Apologies for the delay, regarding your questions:

  1. I do not have the DSP active.
  2. Aside from 1 Drs album all my files are flac files. On the flac files I would say about 80 to 90% are 16bit 44KHz. Will have to test, but so fare the issues is with flac with 16bit 44KHz.
  3. On my network I have 1 Audio pro A10 that I can link via Air Play and works well.
    I also have linked to the Marantz SR8012 a piBerry with a digi+ pro. The piBerry is linked via a coax cable to the SR8012 internal dac, and works well.

Below the image from the device setup:

Let me know if you need mor information

Many thanks

Filipe


(Filipe Cunha) #5

Hi,

Hope this information may be of some help.

I’ve uninstalled roon (program only) and didn’t have any effect.

Also, I’ve been playing a bit with the device settings and in sertains situations if I change the volume control from “device volume” to “Fixed Volume”. I can have about 40 seconds of music, then it stops , if I then play it again it stops right a way.

Hope this helps

Filipe


(Dylan Caudill) #6

Thanks for the info here, @Filipe_Cunha.

Do you receive any specific error in Roon when playing back to this device?

Is this device connected to the network any differently from the Audio Pro A10 that does work via Airplay?


(Filipe Cunha) #7

Hi,

I don’t get any error message box on roon.

The Audio Pro A10 gets his signal over WiFi where the Marantz gets it over LAN. On the A10 path there is also a WiFi repeater.

Is there any place I can look for a log file?

Filipe


(Filipe Cunha) #8

Hi @dylan,

I’ve manage to get the issue partially solved. Using the Marantz online help, I’ve activated the IGMP proxy version 3 on the router, seems this will allow for the multicast. I’ve also checked the fierwall on the roon server and the MTU was set at 1500 on the roon server and on the router.

Not shore if need to do any setup the roon side regarding on IGMP proxy?

My current issue is when I group the Audio Pro A10 + Marantz SR8012 the issues is still present.

Many thanks

Filipe


(Dylan Caudill) #9

Hi @Filipe_Cunha,

So just to verify the Marantz now works on it’s own in Roon, but when grouped you’re experiencing issues? Can you share a screenshot of device setup for the Audio Pro A10?


(Filipe Cunha) #10

Hi @dylan

Yes, currently when grouping both devices over Airplay I am having the same issue. The setup is the same has in the Marantz. See below:

Filipe


(Dylan Caudill) #11

Hi @Filipe_Cunha,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the issue occurs (i.e. the time you start playback and it doesn’t work). Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.


(Filipe Cunha) #12

Hi @dylan,

Started at 8:44 and the music played in group for about 4 seconds (0:04)

If it helps to track the music was “We will Rock you” from Queen on Greatest Hits album.

Many thanks

Filipe


(Dylan Caudill) #13

Thanks @Filipe_Cunha!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.


(Dylan Caudill) #14

Hi @Filipe_Cunha,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.