Airplay from Roon to TV via iPhone not working (Previously worked)

Hi,

I’m running Roon on my Dell laptop, and using it to stream to my iPhone 14 Pro as an endpoint. I then use my iPhone to Airplay to my Toshiba Fire TV which is connected to my speakers via a Schiit Modi(Toslink). This connection was working till a couple days ago and now seems to have stopped working. I can see the song and artwork playing on the TV but don’t hear any sound. If I Airplay from the Apple Music or YouTube apps, I get sound and everything works perfectly.
I’ve tried both Roon and Roon ARC but get the same issue, song and artwork but no sound. I’ve tried setting a password for Airplay and also restarting the TV/my iPhone/Roon but don’t seem to have made it work.
Any ideas?

Heya,

Does your TV support Chromecast? If so you can stream directly from your laptop to your TV using Roon.

I think it probably does, its a 2023 Fire TV, however, I don’t see an option on Roon on my laptop to Airplay to my TV. Any idea where I could find that?

Do you mean Chromecast instead of AirPlay? If your TV has Chromecast and is on the same network as your Roon is. Then your TV should show up in the Roon Audio settings as a Chromecast device which you can enable. It will show track location information and album art on your TV as well while playing music.

Unless I am mistaken only Apple TV has AirPlay built in.

I don’t think it has Chromecast then. Because I’ve only been using Airplay with the TV for a while now. Usually, Airplaying from Apple Music or Youtube or any other app has the same track location info and album art on the TV. The only thing is Roon suddenly stopped cooperating. I get everything except sound coming out, but using the apple music or youtube apps still gets me perfect results. I can use Roon as a source on my phone using the Roon or Roon ARC apps and listen through my Airpods Pro but the TV just doesn’t seem to be getting sound anymore. Super strange. It was working recently.