Akurate DS disappear

I use NUC ROCK & Linn Akurate DS works Roon well, but now it disappeared, ONLY through Airplay can see the Akurate DS.

I try to reboot the DS & Apple router & NUC ROCK, it doesn’t work. Anyone knows the problem?

Hey @Peter_Wu1 — Thanks for reaching out!

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you confirm that the Linn Akurate DS is on the latest firmware version, and that you’re running the latest version of Roon?

Are other networked endpoints (if any) displaying as expected?

Thanks,
Dylan

Dear Dylan:

After I did 2 actions, it was normal:

1. Clear the cache (ROCK)
  2. Unplug the AC plug of NUC

I am not sure which action is the key. In short, it is normal now.
Thank you for your response.

Peter

1 Like

Dear Dylan:

The above 2 actions I mentioned is not valid, the problem still.

I checked:
NUC ROCK IP is 192.168.1.113
Subnet of LINN streaming is 127.0.0.0 (can’t be changed by user)

(May be this is the reason why the LINN DS can’t be recognized by ROON.)

I try to connect another ROON core installed on the MacBook Pro,
the Subnet of LINN streaming is 192.168.1.0
The IP of DS is 192.168.1.111
The problem solved!

My NUC Roon system figured:

Core: NUC ROCK connected to Apple AirPort extreme by Ethernet (latest version of ROON)
Output: LINN Akurate DS/Mk1 connected to Apple AirPort extreme by Ethernet (latest firmware version for both)
Control: iPad mini (latest version of ROON)

your question: Are other networked endpoints (if any) displaying as expected? … YES, Airplay Apple TV & Airplay LINN DS (IP:192.168.1.111)… I don’t know why LINN DS here

A USB DAC (TEAC UD-501) was connected to NUC.

I hope these informations are enough for you to help me.

Thanks
Peter

I

Hey @Peter_Wu1,

When the LINN is in this state, does rebooting the Linn cause any change?

Also, you previously rebooted the Core and things seemed to work for a bit. If you reboot the Core again does it go back to normal? When it does work, what does the Subnet of LINN streaming setting say? Is it still 127.0.0.0 or something else?

Thanks,
Dylan