Album Artwork In Search Very Slow To Load After Recent Update

Any reason why this might be. Some album artwork in the search results loads instantly, while some appears very slowly, sometimes taking up to thirty seconds for all the album artwork for the search results to load. Any idea why this might be. Definitely noticed it since the last 1.8 update.

Regards

Alan

2 Likes

Also happening when loading a playlist, album artwork very sluggish in loading. No issues with track playback, just the artwork.

A

Hey @Alan_Meldrum,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing the behavior you’ve been experiencing lately. We’d love to help :nerd_face:

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please change your Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS.

Does it help?

Hi

From previous post April 2021:
Qobuz Error Message
Can you try setting your router to use Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS ? We’ve seen this help with similar connection issues in the past and would be good to try here.

My response:
I have researched Google DNS and Cloudflare DNS and there are a lot of mixed reviews, so I have no wish to go down this route if it is going to create further problems as highlighted in the negative reviews.

Regards

Alan

Hi, I’m seeing the same issue and I’m already using Google DNS servers.

2 Likes

Hi All,
I’m having the same issue. Slow loading of album artwork and a lot of gray squares. This is across all remotes, core seems to be fine.

iPad remote
iPhone remote
W10 remote, currently wired
Core is a Mac Mini, wired connection.

Thanks,
Jay

2 Likes

@beka @support: Many of us have the same problem. Started a few days ago.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/endless-time-to-show-photos/167867/19

1 Like

Great catch, @Hakon_Berg.

I’ll be closing this thread, as the main conversation thread is the one you linked. Kevin has asked for a few details there. Would you please reply with a post with your answers?

2 Likes