Album count on Overview page is different from that on Albums page

Maybe I’m missing something obvious here, but why is the album count on the Overview page different from that on the Albums page? For me right now it shows 390 on one and 256 on the other.

1 Like

on the overview, its more about your library… so that includes all duplicates and hidden. the browser hides duplicates and hidden albums by default. There is a setting in settings to show them by default. you can also focus on them.

OK got it. Might make sense to clarify that somehow in the UI. Not sure if tooltips are the answer, but on the Overview page, you could show “Includes 20 duplicates and 5 hidden albums” when you hover over the album count.

Yah, I was just thinking about that… unfortunately it wont help on touchscreens

I’ll think about this more.

the other option is to just hide duplicates / hiddens in that count, even if it is an overview.

Hi, my problem is, roon shows me in the “Browse -> overview->Albums” more albums. When I go to “Library->Albums” it is less. Somebody have a idea why?

Hey @Normann_Becker1 – you can find some info about this above, and you can find more information about our duplicates feature here.

Hope that helps!

Necro time!

As the Artist / Album / Tracks / Composers bar is now really prominent, could we have the option for this data to be displayed sans hidden content so it matches album counts in the Album tab? It’s making my OCD itch. :slight_smile:

Yes please. I was so confused by this today. Why would the Home screen count duplicates? Like what’s the value in that? All of my duplicates are from Tidal. Albums that I listen to streaming on the go but have as CD at home.

These two different counts are just confusing and offer zero value:

Also I would argue that the count on the Home screen is simply wrong. If I have the exact same album local and on Tidal I don’t have two albums. I have one album two times.
Likewise if I listen to the same album ten times I didn’t listen to ten albums.

2 Likes

See this request, too. It was „uncategorised“ until now, sorry for that: Album count on "Home" top tile should reflect show/hide duplicate settings

I would question why we need those metrics front and center period. My library isn’t a numbers game to me. Makes no difference whether I had 4791 albums in my library two days ago and 4790 today. Take me to music first. Or no need for them to fill the screen so much in lieu of more album covers front and center. Small bullets with the name and numbers and hyperlinks on the name and/or the number would suffice. Lose the boxes.

2 Likes