Album Focus is missing Bitrate/Resolution filter in Roon 1.8 [Report is in]

No its an indication of hidden duplicate albums in your library. Roon will hide any duplicates found in album view and present them under versions tab only, unless you turn that feature off in settings/setup.

Thanks for the clarification. Then, assuming my database is OK, I am still puzzled by my inability to select bit rate in Focus. Is this an issue experienced by any other Roon users? Screenshot attached.

You donā€™t have enough different sample rates. There needs to be a view more option in the sample rates column but that only gets shown if you have too many sample rates to display.

This is an outstanding issue in Roon, see

That thread seems to have been closed. Iā€™ll open it again.

1 Like

When filtering for MP3, I still see sample rate and bit depth options in the focus browser, and I can filter on those. (They are all 44.1kHz 16 bit in my case, so maybe not the greatest of tests)

Thanks. But the issue I reported relates to bitrate for lossy MP3 and AAC files - 128kbps, 256kbps etc.

On further checking, there seems to be a related issue regarding sample rates. I have some older recordings from digital radio at 32khz and 22.05khz. - Focus is not allowing me to see any recordings below 44.1khz. This isnā€™t just a GUI bug, so I hope it can be fixed.

A thought: Try a different remote. A smaller screen (or a mobile) may reduce the display enough to produce the view more. If so, you can bookmark the focus to use elsewhere.

Just tried on two different iPhones, and two iPad minis. Same result. I am missing the 32khz and 22.05khz options on the Sample Rate screen, and the ā€œview moreā€ only appears if I add a DSD file (which I just did). This isnā€™t just a GUI problem - but it is definitely a bug.

But thanks for the Focus Bookmark idea. I will add a DSD file as a once-off, just so I can create focus bookmarks for my low bitrate MP3 and AAC files. Very helpful as a workaround - Cheers.

1 Like

I donā€™t have the option to restrict lossy files to bitrate anymore on MacOS latest version. Is that what is being discussed in this thread, or should I create a new one?

Apologies to anyone for stepping on the thread.

They wonā€™t appear.

Using ffmpeg, I downsampled one of my flac files to 22.05 and added it to Roon. As expected, I see

But if I filter so only that album is shown, and then focus, I see

As you say, a bug.

I think these issues belong in the same thread I linked earlier, so Iā€™ll move these posts there.

1 Like

Yes. Try the work round suggested above.

I canā€™t focus for bit rate with for mp3 or aac and I have a mixture of them all 44.1k or 48k sample rates. Donā€™t confuse bit depth with bit rate very different thing.

Thank you, Brian. In terms of workaround, you mean the suggestion of trying a smaller screen? In that case, no dice, Iā€™m afraid.

Itā€™s not a deal-breaker for me. I just occasionally try to take stock of my library by seeking out low bit-rate files. Itā€™s not an immediate issue. I have no problem awaiting a fix.

Just wanted this noted so that the support staff is aware of another user with the issue.

1 Like

Try @Gimlet 's suggestion of temporarily adding some extra formats.
Once youā€™ve got the correct focus, bookmark it.