Album Focus is missing Bitrate/Resolution filter in Roon 1.8 [Report is in]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini Mid 2011, 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, macOS 10.13.6, Roon version 1.8 (build 764) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet, connected to Apple Airport Extreme Time Capsule (3GB, 5th Gen) Vr. 7.9.1

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to miniDSP SHD Studio

Description Of Issue

I was using album focus function to filter low quality albums using Bitrate/Resolution option in previous versions of Roon. For example I would like to see all low quality albums, I’ll add a filter for Bitrate <= 192kbps. If I wanted to filter low-quality albums I would add Bitrate >= 320kbps. This function seems to be removed from 1.8. Can you please add this?

1 Like

Yes, please restore the bitrate filter option. Luckily my old bookmarks, that include a bitrate filter, do still work. But it would be great, if there’s an option in the Focus menu.

It’s there but you have to look for it…
First (important) Choose sample rate > view more, select restrict lossy file to bitrate

Then choose mp3 etc.

If you choose mp3 first, you can’t choose bit rate.

(@support Sounds like a bug to me)

Thanks for the answer. But where is the “view more” option, you’re talking about?

Strange, it’s there for me. Try turning off the 44.1k focus first.

You do have some low bit rate stuff?

It doesn’t matter, if 44.1 focus is turned off. “View more” is still missing.

Yes, there is some 96 kbit/s stuff in my library.

Are you on latest build? B763 had

• Focus: fixed some cases where ‘View More’ wouldn’t be shown

You should be on B764 by now.

Yes, i’m already on B764 (Windows 10).

I’m on W10 B764 too… But I see

As I said above, perhaps this is buggy as the option disappears if I choose some formats in advance so that the sample rate list does not need a view more.

I was hoping, that the new Build 778 will fix the issue. The release notes mention “Fixed cases where 'View More’ link was hidden”. But the link is still missing :frowning:

Yes, same for me.

@support a continuing issue.

Thanks @BrianW for tagging support. Our technicians have been notified, so they can take this to the team.

All I can emphasize is how grateful we are for your patience while we find our way to every request :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@support. Opening this again as it seems to be a continuing problem.

1 Like

Yes, the issue has never been solved for me since update 1.8. MP3 bitrates still missing in Build 831.

I’m still having the same issue in the latest version of MacOS on the latest available version of Roon as well. Bit-rate range input box still missing. Thank you

Roon Core Machine

Roon ROCK, NUC6i5, 8MB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Pi3b, Chord Hugo

Number of Tracks in Library

170,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi. I have recently noticed that the option to focus on bitrate range for MP3 files has been removed. This was definitely available and useful up to a few months ago, and has come up in previous Support discussions. I really need this function to identify low bitrate MP3 files for future replacement with FLAC. Please advise if this functionality can be restored in the near future.

1 Like

Hi @Gimlet,

This is still possible in focus …

1. Select the bit rate range required…

1. Focus on MP3…

Result…

Though it does seem one has to deselect MP3 format first in order to adjust the range, which I feel is clunky.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. That’s the approach I previously took. Unfortunately the option seems to have disappeared on my ROCK in the latest release. All I see are the list of sample rates.

I have also noted that the total albums on my home screen (9907) is different to the total on the My Albums screen (9898). Is this an indication of a corrupt database?