Album goes missing from Tidal after removing it from favorites

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7/Roon 1.8 (753)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi UDM-Pro + USW-24 PRO switch (wired ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RoPieeeXL + Oppo 205

Description Of Issue

Not sure if this is a Roon 1,8 specific issue but a favorite artist of mine dropped a new album two weeks ago and I discovered it right after the Roon 1.8 launch. I was having trouble with Roon since it would only play the first 20 seconds or so of an track, then complain that it was having trouble with Tidal and the network connection (and I have gigabit Ethernet), then it moves on to the next track which might have the same problem. Eventually about 3-4 tracks in it seems to settled down and actually play the whole thing.

But I could never get it to resolve the original problem and I thought maybe deleting the album from cache would solve the issue. So I removed the album from Favorites in order to reselect it. Now the album is completely gone from Tidal searches, even though I know it’s there on the actual Tidal native interface (I’m playing it now). If I look up my Roon history, it says the album is now “unavailable”. Help!

OK, I figured out a workaround. I used the Tidal app interface to put the album in question in it’s “Favorites”. That still did not change the view from Roon where the album was completely gone. Only quitting and relaunching the Roon server brought the album back from “Tidal jail”. Very weird. Deleting a streamed album from a favorites list should not delete the album (or song) from all searches…it should still remain a choice in discographies.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.