Album Identification: Allow label as a search field

Some older albums are difficult to get identified. Often I have an album cover, from the old days when I added it to Sooloos, and I can see the label right there on the cover: “Telarc”. It would be useful to be able to enter that to narrow the search for identification.

(Really a feature request, not a bug.)

Hi,
Are you aware you can focus in on labels?
I don’t think adding label fields to the search results would be a good idea.

I don’t mean search during navigation or focus.
I mean under Identify Album, None of these look right, Manually search for your album.
That dialog is not subject to focus.
That’s where I think that a label could help.

Hiya @AndersVinberg, I moved the topic to Feature Requests.

I see, sorry I was on a different page.

Though this has no votes, suggest @moderators may want to close and consolidate with the primary feature request (because it is featured quite high on forum search)…

Hi @Johnny_Ooooops,

Thanks for tagging the mods. I’ve just reviewed the two topics, I believe this topic is about improving the manual album identification process whereas the other topic is discussing extending Roon’s main search functionality. I see these as sufficiently different use cases to warrant their own topics.

@moderators, can you sanity check this for me, just in case I’ve missed something.

3 Likes

Hi Carl completely agree. This is about searching during the identification process and adding label along with artist and album title as a search parameter.

1 Like

Sorry for the false flag!

Hope you guys don’t mind that I do this kind of “consolidation run” for hygiene. If it’s too much work for low results, please tell me to stop!

I don’t have any problems with you or any forum member bringing these items to our attention for review.

Hi @Johnny_Ooooops,
Absolutely no problem and I echo @AceRimmer’s view.
The only thing I would say is it might be better to flag as Something Else rather than post in the topic itself.

3 Likes