Album on Tidal not appearing in Roon

Hello!

I found a strange behaviour with a new album on Tidal - the new Peter Gabriel - I/O, launched on december 1st - that just doesn’t appear on Roon. Other albuns I add on Tidal immediately appear on Roon, but not this one. I can seem to be able to play it through Roon.

Anyone with the same issue?

Thank you.

1 Like

Noticed the same with some recent releases by Dave Grohl and Ghost. They are missing from Roon but appear on Tidal.

Not strange at all, I/O was released 1 December 2023. You can try favoriting it in the Tidal app, it should normally sync into Roon.

It does seem slow this time. I added this album to tidal Friday morning and still no show (as of Sunday). Refreshed the tidal service in Roon multiple times.

Sometimes there is an issue with the metadata they get from Tidal or Qobuz other than not making the cutoff, then this can happen

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately the problems we experienced last weekend with TIDAL data exports have continued this week. We are working closely with TIDAL to get them resolved.

Apart from the US TIDAL region – one version of the album is currently available there – we do not have the metadata for I/O in other regions.

Unfortunately I don’t anticipate getting the data for this album until mid next week. :frowning:

Please accept our apologies for this. We will get this resolved as soon as possible.

7 Likes

Here’s something else not showing up : Lana Del Rey new single Take Me Home Country Roads (also released 1 Dec)

Thanks for this explanation. Sadly though it’s not just the new Peter Gabriel album, it’s virtually all new releases! I added Harp - Albion and Trevor Horn - Echoes to my Tidal favourites on Friday and no sign of those either. Three weeks ago I added Bob Dylan - The Complete Budokan to my Tidal favourites and it was almost a week before it showed up on Roon.

8 newest albums in Tidal selected, 3 of them appearing in Roon. 5 still missing, amongst them P. Gabriel and T. Horn.

Joel,
thanks for the clarification about the Tidal/Roon album transfer process and add-up. Unfortunately this will not help bringing the missing albums from Tidal to Roon at the day when they are released.

Suggestion:
Why does Roon not take a 2-Tier approach?
Tier-1: Flat and quick link transfer of any new album from Tidal to Roon without any markup or additions (in the easiest possible way). Probably adding a short message type “Direct-pass through” from Tidal at the top of the album page. This will allow that every album is available in it’s “plain” format at the day of the release.
Tier-2: The album gets enriched with all the Roon specific meta-data and other, whenever the links between Tidal/Roon allow to add such a data.

Thanks for consideration in any technical feasible way.

1 Like

noticed this EP by Dave Grohl hasn’t appeared on Roon or Plex via Tidal yet. Play by Dave Grohl on TIDAL

Extremely frustrating. This shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

Noticed the same thing lately…not only with Roon but also with Tidal via Plex. I’m guessing it’s something Tidal did with their metadata handling that’s causing the delay, which is more significant with some titles than others.

May well be still the same issue (or a follow-up) that was mentioned just a few post up in this thread:

1 Like
3 Likes

I can vouch for that!
Thank you!

1 Like

Working OK for me now, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.