Album Overview versus Discography and Versions Discrepancies

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Antipodes K50/Linux/Roon 1.8 Build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Not relevant

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Not relevant

Description Of Issue

When doing either a looking glass search or going straight via Artists and browsing the available albums in Overview or Discography for a given artist, the results are inconsistent. Also, when viewing “Versions”, the results are inconclusive.

First example

For Sade, I see all the albums that I have on the Overview/Albums in my library tab, including the remastered version. Going to the Discography tab, surprisingly, I still see both aforementioned versions, along with a range of albums on Qobuz.

When looking at the regular CD album, however, I see no Versions tab. When looking at the Remastered album, I do see the Versions tab but it only shows the Qobuz version, not the Remastered album that I have locally.

Second example

For Fourplay, I see all the albums that I have on the Overview/Albums in my library tab, including remastered and hi-res versions. Going to the Discography tab, I see one version per album, as I would expect it. However, instead of showing the regular local version, the Remastered version is shown.

When looking at the regular album’s versions tab, I only see the Qobuz version, not the Remastered version. The same happens when looking at the Remastered version: only the Qobuz variant is shown in the Versions tab.

I double-checked the metadata and can’t find any issues. I have “show hidden tracks” enabled so that duplicates are shown.

What am I missing?

Update: I managed to fix some of the issues by going into Album Editor and identifying the album. It appeared Roon had already done that but by manually matching the album, things tidied up.

I also re-read the KB section detailing versions. So, if I understand correctly, only Qobuz versions are shown (not anything local) because I have “show hidden tracks” enabled.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.