Album Pictures Not Displaying in Roon Windows App After Upgrade (ref#DYN0EM)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

After I upgraded my Roon Windows app to the version 2.0 (build 1401), pictures of albums are not displayed. This applies to both albums from Tidal and albums from my local storage. I'm running Windows 7. When I use Android app with the same Roon Server, pictures of albums are displayed normally.

Did you try clearing the image cache of the affected remote?

(Roon > :gear: > Setup > Clear image cache)

Side note: be aware that Windows 7 is not supported by Roon anymore and is horribly unsafe. Don’t let it connect to the internet anymore

@Viktor_Nikolov - Also, I notice that there’s the warning icon showing in the top right of your screenshot. Click it and post a screenshot of the error message displayed. Thanks.

1 Like

“Clear image cache” had no effect. :frowning_face:
I also installed and re-installed the app. It didn’t help.
I’m using Windows 11 (fully updated). Mentioning Windows 7 was my error in the original post.

The warning icon says, “Scheduled backup failed.” I know the reason for that. It doesn’t concern me now.

Hi @Viktor_Nikolov,

Thanks for your patience. Have you verified that Roon’s processes are still added as exceptions to the Windows Defender firewall?

Do you have any symptoms with playback, or is the missing album art the only effect you’re seeing?