Album present in Qobuz, but missing in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC, Linux, Roon 1.8 - 790

Description Of Issue

I’m trying to add an album on Qobuz (Miles Davis, The lost septet) to my favourites, but I cannot find the album in Roon. I know this sometimes happens with recently added albums, but this album was released over half a year ago. My “normal” trick to add albums in this case is favourite them in the Qobuz app and sync Qobuz with Roon. This didn’t work this time. How do I get this album in Roon?

Hey @DeLub,

I’m so sorry for missing on your post for this long :pleading_face: . Things are looking up and our response are much shorter so I hope this will not happen again.

Thanks for letting us know the trouble you ran into - is this still the case?

Yes it is.

Hmmm… and I just found another example:

Can’t find it in Roon, and it doesn’t show up in my Qobuz favorites in Roon. It does have a heart in Qobuz though.

EDIT: In this case I just noted the availablity for pre-order on 27 April ??

That’s ages old , released 31 May 19 why pre order , jus arrived in Qobuz ? . Don’t have Qobuz but it shows ok in Tidal

If you look at this album in the Qobuz desktop app, you’ll see that all the tracks are ghosted out - which means that they are only 30-second samples. Chandos has not made the streaming rights available to Qobuz.

The only way to get it is to buy it and download the album for your library…

1 Like

I guess you’re talking about the mozart, right? I didn’t notice that they were greyed out, but you’re right. Strange, since on other places you can just stream this album. But that’s a Qobuz issue, not a Roon issue.

However, for the Miles Davis album the problem is “real”. No grey tracks, favourited in Qobuz, not showing up in Roon.

It’s a full playable version in Tidal , normal CD

I’m beginning to wonder if the Chandos Mozart issue is a rights issue, or if the technical glitch between Naxos and Qobuz that was reported last year has raised its ugly head again…

Just checked a selection of the Chandos albums in my library, and they appear to be present and playable, so perhaps it is a rights issue. Odd though.

Hi, There’s no problem with that album for me. (I realise saying that might only increase your annoyance). I am in Italy though, which might make a difference. One thing I have noticed is that some labels now seem to be teasing albums. The album appears on Qobuz before the launch date with a couple of tracks available and the rest not. Then sometime later, the rest of the tracks become available. But I think you need to drop it from your Roon library and add it again to get the newly available tracks. Ive just been playing the new new Schiff/Brahms cd that alas has only a couple of teaser tracks, and there’s a new Joni Mitchell set with only a couple of tracks available. Not sure what the motivation is. Here is the Mozart

and here is the Brahms

As far as the “Miles Davis The Lost Septet” is concerned, I have exactly the same issue as the o/p. Qobuz finds it, Roon does not. I favourite it in Qobuz and still it does not appear in MyQobuz favourites in Roon.
Here is is, found and favourited in Qobuz.

Here’s MyQobuz favourites in Roon, the Lost Septet is lost indeed.

Hey @DeLub,

Thank you so much for replying right away to my post :pray:. I’m sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, that seems to affect some of our other users.

I’ve looped in our technical team so they can take a closer look and come up with possible next steps.

Please, bear with us a little longer :bear:

Hey @DeLub,

I’m following up on this as I have an update. It looks like this is actually an error that our technical team is aware of. They are working on a fix.

Thanks in advance for your patience :pray:

1 Like

Same issue for me with Billie Eilish’s “Happier Than Ever” released yesterday on Qobuz. I can favorite in Qobuz, even add the album to a playlist, but none of the tracks appear in Roon.

Lots of albums are nowhere to be found from Qobuz Grand selection this week.

Me too. It’s been 2 days since I favourited it on Qobuz

Roon has to wait for Qobuz to do their weekly dump (normally Sunday or Monday), then it will show up in Roon. Roon needs far more info than streaming sites.

The new Billie Eilish release is now visible in Roon. :grinning:

6 posts were split to a new topic: The Weeknd Dawn FM not available in Roon on Qobuz