Album tracks disappearing during database rescan after update (ref#OKRXT4)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Since the last update, as the database is doing its full rescan, album tracks are disappearing from multiple albums such that the last tracks are missing. I can verify that the files are still present on manual navigation on my Synology fileshare and are still playable. Forcing a rescan does nothing, restoring from a prior version of the database does not help, since the rescan removes the same files.

Hi @seanlake,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear about your issues!

A simple but important first step - since updating, have you given your Roon Server a full reboot? Let me know if things are still rescanning afterward. :+1:

Yes, I did perform a full reboot. It’s not so much the rescanning, which I expected; it’s that thousands of albums are missing the last song and are not being identified as a result. Again, the missing files have not moved, nor are they corrupt (I tested one of them against backups made back through time, and the MD5s still match.)

I performed a full core reinstall - problem has been solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.