Roon Core Machine

QNAP TS-873, 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

About 30,000

Description of Issue

I’ve recently had a disk failure on my nas that I needed to format and recreated the storage pool on qnap nas. I had a back up of my music library as well as roon database backup, so I’ve copied all my music library with exact same file folder structure to the new storage, and reinstalled the roon server, restored the database backup. After the restore, all the albums and tracks showed up as it was before for a moment, but they are quickly disappeared from roon. I’ve removed the file location, and reselected the new file location on settings, but it doesn’t seems to do anything. It looks like files in the restored database are not associated with newly located files. Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks,

You are mostlikely biten by the following known issue:

I think mounting your music library as a network share is currently the best option to remedy the situation until a permanent fix gets (hopefully) released at some unknown point in the future.

Thanks for the information. I’ve added the folder as network share , but it only imported about 35 tracks out of 30,000. Before the disk failure, I had no problem accessing the files even after upgrading to 2.0 version. The db was updated instantly after the files are added.
I’ve changed Roon DB folder and music file folder’s guest access right to ‘read-only’ from deny, but it doesn’t seems to do anything…

So 35 seem to be a lot more than none. Sadly I don’t know where the rest of your files are or why they don’t show up. As the discrepancy seems to be quite high, you should thoroughly check everything:

• Do you point Roon to the right directory?
  • Is that share with all the music accessible from another PC?
  • Did you provide the admin login credentials (or similar regarding user rights) when setting up the network share(s) in Roon?
  • Are there any anomalies in the logs/messages on your NAS (specifically signs of malware infestation)?

I’ve setup the roon core on macbook pro, and restored backup there , directing to the files that was copied to external hard drive, and it properly recognized all the files. Obviously, this is the issue related to roon incapable of accessing to qnap.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.