Albums Missing from Composer Overview

I had already removed them. Still the same behaviour. Except no I can’t even search for jos…crash

Make sure you remove them at the track level as well.

Ah I see them on the track level. I have to get rid of them individually? Surely not.

7 clicks per track - still same behaviour

No - select all the tracks in the album (in a Windows environment, right-click on the first, then Ctrl-A to select all), then choose Edit from the “3 dots” menu at the top of the screen.

Choose the Edit Tracks tab in the editor and click the Remove Credits + icon…

Wow thanks. Didn’t know that was possible. Now its showing up correctly.

As Geoff says, you can batch edit most things in roon. But what do you see when you click “CREDITS”? Dufay should have only a composer credit:

Edit: Crossed post. Seems you have got there. All your issues are going to be of this nature. Tagging habits that worked with foobar will not work with roon. Everyone will have formed different habits over the years that worked for them in the past but it is difficult to generalise.

Yes, that’s working correctly. Thanks.
But how about many albums I’ve added where there is definitely ONLY the composer credit and it still doesn’t come up?

Yes, you have to clean up the track level credits. Geoff beat me to it as you can select all the tracks at once.
From my understanding which may be wrong, track credits “roll up” and get merged with album credits. So, even if you correct the album level credit, you still need to correct all the tracks as well.

This is sometimes, I think, a cause of confusion.

But also, this behavior is totally illogical isn’t it? Please change my mind!

Well, there is a difference in how Roon uses the files actual metadata between An album that is Unidentified and one that is Identified.

I wonder if you will find that since that is an unidentified album, if there are two Giulio Caccini’s in your composer section. Roon if it cannot identify an album will generate a new artist or composer object to associate. So, there maybe a “Giulio Caccini” composer with only that album associated.

I would suggest identifying that album if possible. I bet that if you do, it will correct iteself.

This happened recently to me with Peter Gabriel and his new singles. Since roon did not know about them, Roon created a new Peter Gabriel artist object. When the items were finally able to be identified, they then were attached to the correct Peter Gabriel.

The Caccini example appears to have no composer credits at all. Roon does not treat the visible “Giulino Caccini” in your screenshot as a composer. That is either just a displayed text string which has no meaning to roon at all or if it is clickable it is a “primary link”.

If you “identify” the album a lot of these problems go away. If you cannot identify the album then you are going to have to manually edit.

1. As a minimum you need a “Classical” genre tag. Roon treats Classical different to Pop. By default with Pop no composers are displayed. There are other ways in which roon treats a Classical album differently as well. So add a Classical genre tag.

2. I also have composers set to display always:

Settings → General → Show composers always:

What do you see now? It is not clear in your screenshot if you have any Composer tags set at all. Are any composers being displayed at the track level? I don’t have your album but I have a Caccini album where all tracks composed by Caccini are rolled up. Please repost the screenshot.

PS: Qobuz has your Jordi Savall / Caccini. It is just a different release with different album art so I didn’t recognise it. Roon can identify it and it will show up in a composer search.

I would say you just need sufficient tags in the local copy of your release for roon to identify it and then roon will find it in a composer search.