Albums not showing in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon core v1.6 (build 416) stable (QNAP)
QPKG-Version: 2019-06-09

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon core (QNAP NAS dedicated to Roon) is hardwired Ethernet to the same UniFi switch as the PC where music files are located

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

BlueSound Node2i and Devialet Phantom Reactor speakers.

Description Of Issue

Albums and a number of tracks are not displaying in library. All other apps including JRiver, BluOS controller, Windows Media Player, ITunes, etc. show well around 6000 tracks and Roon only shows 4000. I realize Roon removes duplicates but I know of a few albums that are not dupes and don’t show at all.

I have restarted the core, forced rescans and the albums are still not showing.

Is there a way to manually add albums/artists not showing? Is Roon looking for specific tags? If not, how do I go about fixing this?

can you post a screen shot of the storage settings you are using to map to the QNAP music share…assuming you using g the NAS for Music storage.

Do you see anything in Settings>Library>Skipped Files?

Hi @Luis_Salazar,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

The NAS is not being used for music storage yet. The Library is on a USB SSD drive connected to my Laptop. NAS is dedicated to Roon and has 4 SSD drives in RAID 5 with 3 volumes and one of them (128G) dedicated to the roon Core.

@dylan I read the documentation prior to posting. “Skipped files” doesn’t show these particular Album/Tracks, they’re all WMA Lossless and some lossy rips from CD’s I own. It’s almost like roon is completely ignoring the folder. I’ve even tried cleaning some tags from those files but still nothing shows

Skipped files only shows 10 files 8of which “File is Corrupt” (they aren’t as far as I can tell) and “I/O failure” for album art.

It sounds like Roon doesn’t support WMA files, can somebody confirm?

Hi @Luis_Salazar,

WMA files are not supported. For supported formats, please see this article.

Thanks @dylan, that explains why they’re not showing.

As feedback, roon is the only one that has problems with this. BluOS, JRiver, and even Sonos can see those files without issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.