Albums 'unavailable' in roon, but they are available directly from TIDAL

I had to restart the core, but that got it back. I should have been clearer in my original message so I apologize. This has happened before and restarting the core has always fixed it. What I’m asking (I did a poor job in the original) is have you isolated why this happens and is there anything that can be done to fix it? It’s not a super big deal when I’m in the house and have a computer handy to login to the NAS and restart it. However, when I’m somewhere where I can’t do that, it’s more difficult. Last night was an example.

Does it make sense to simply set up a restart of the NAS every other night or so? Have you made progress understanding how the breakdown of TIDAL synching or integration occurs so that whatever causes this can be fixed?

Thanks.

I see two Tidal versions of the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack in Roon desktop (Mac) and on iOS. Neither version will play although they will stream in Tidal (native).

Am seeing this issue with the new Childish Gambino track “This is America.”

I can’t access link with instructions on clearing Tidal cache.

I have noticed this also and recently…
Will revert with detail if/ when I observe it again

I checked this on the Tidal app and the Album Info shows a released date of 2018-05-08. This is strange because it plays in Tidal, however, I’m sure it must be causing issues with Roon.

You might have to wait until May 8 for the track to show in Roon.

Cheers, Greg

It does show in Roon. It just won’t play, and has a red “unavailable” indicator.

I had that last week with an album (Frank Turner), when the releasedate was reached roon played the whole album

Sure, if you favourite it Tidal, it will show in Roon, but it’s Unavailable because of the future release date.

It should be available on May 8.

Cheers, Greg

I’m guessing you’re just seeing lag here.

It takes time for our metadata system to download, ingest and process new data from TIDAL, and while we’ve halved the delay a few times, the process can still take 24-36 hours and this song was a surprise Saturday night release, so it probably missed the Sunday update.

If it’s still not available tomorrow, let me know – it will probably have something to do with the release date as @Greg mentioned, but at a minimum I’ll be able to take a deeper look at this for you @sm31.

I don’t have a screenshot, but today (the formal “release date”), the track I’d saved in Tidal still was listed as “unavailable” in Roon.

I clicked the “other versions” link, and it listed a second version, which IS available.

So problem solved, but kind of unexpected.