All Art disappeared from Roon Core

Hi Wes,

Thanks very much for the reply. Since a few people had looked at the post and not replied, and I was concerned that there may not be an obvious answer, I did some of my own investigation.

As such I looked into the two other changes I had made to my system to get ARC to work, or more specifically, the one that was not at a service provider level, this being enabling of split tunnelling on my VPN. As such, I disabled this option, restarted Roon and my artwork has returned. ARC still seems to be working as well, although I am not sure if this is going to continue in the long run.

As such, I have a couple of follow up questions:

1. Have any changes been made in the latest version of Roon 2.0 (I am running build 1133) to allow it to work correctly through a VPN or am I just lucky? Or perhaps once it has connected the first time, it has an easier job finding it again?

2. If the above is not the case and I am going to continue having problems with the VPN, which application(s) do I need to not run through the VPN? I only had Roon\Application\Roon.exe split off, but have noticed several other applications that may need to be split off, with the first guesses being RoonServer\Application\Roonappliance.exe and RoonServer\Application\RoonServer.exe.

It is worth noting that ExpressVPN has a strange split tunnelling screen that only lists pretty much the browsers, with the “Add” button taking you to Program Files (which is not where Roon is) so even setting this up initially took me longer than expected. I am assuming this is going to be an issue if I change to a local logon in the future as well.

I am hoping this might help anyone who is having a similar problem and wondering if there is a way to tag this topic with VPN or ExpressVPN. It looks like I am unable to amend the original post now.

Thanks
Jason