All in one dac/amp/streamer with channel balance control and roon ready

I need a unit for my TV Room that I can BT to my TV. I also want something Roon Ready. I also need a channel balance control for tv viewing (roon has a speaker filter which works well but not for tv viewing)

recommendations???

You want to use Bluetooth to connect the sound of your TV to the amp? (I wonder why because that isn’t used often with a TV.) Can’t you use a Bluetooth receiver that you connect to an amp for that? Then you have a lot more options for the DAC/streamer/amp

I want an all in one solution to remove clutter and must have channel balance. I have a -45db adjustment to my right ear to center sound.

I have a NAD AV receiver with BlueOS that can do basic channel balance and it offers Bluetooth receiving. I’m not sure it can handle -45dB. A NAD stereo amplifier with BlueOS can do the same.
Is it not possible to have Roon do the channel balance with DSP?

Roon can handle channel balance but is does me no good when I watch TV. I need a hardware based channel balance.

Ah, yes of course :face_with_peeking_eye:

I suggest looking at the Wiim product line. The Pro Plus or Amp may do what you want. Both are Roon ready (or the Plus is, and the Amp will be shortly).

The Wiim Mini is not Roon Ready. The Pro (no “Plus”) is, but it has a lesser quality dac.

The Wiim app has balance control as well, although feeding into your TV (optical, analog or Bluetooth*) would allow you to do the balance management there. Perhaps the two could double up for even greater fine tuning of channel balance.

I have a couple of Wiim products and am very pleased with their features. I concur with many reviewers that their app interface is excellent.

*P.s. Wiim says that the whole product line has got two-way Bluetooth, although I have never used it on mine.

Naim Uniti Nova and its family have all you ask for, including a balance control in the App.

1 Like

Thanks much.