All my audio devices disappered suddenly while Roon was playing back audio and I can no longer see any of them

Dell Dell 6700 Precision workstation 1& 32G RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64
I have been using Roon for a several years with no problems. Today while I was palyiong music all my audio devices suddenly disappeared. I have check and my computers all show the audion devices are working. I have updated Roon and cannot ge them back. Please advise.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Windows has a bad habit of overriding firewall permissions after some security updates. I’d check and confirm that Roon RAAT and Roon Server both have the correct permissions.

2 Likes

Hi @Mark_Edinger,

The report you submitted sounds suspicious like @Henry_McLeod suggested - the Windows firewall has disallowed RAATServer from running properly, blocking connection to your hardwired and networked endpoints. Have you checked the exceptions? You can review them here: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/fire

If the issue persists after verifying RAATServer is properly added as an exception, please respond here and we’ll proceed with more granular troubleshooting steps. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.