All of a Sudden... Roon Remote is Not able to find Roon Core on Synology DS718

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology 2 bay NAS DiskStation DS718+ Linux with updated memory and SSD with Roon Core Installed, not sure where to find Roon Build Number

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

AT&T U-verse Pace 5268AC connected to remotes on Mac desktop via Ethernet and Mac notebook via WiFi. Synology is connected to this router via Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Aries G1 (wifi) connected to Chord Qutest and TEAC NT-505 connected to AT&T router via Ethernet

Description Of Issue

When I launched Roon on my mac desktop today, it noted an update was ready. Once the Roon remote restarted, it could no longer find the Roon Core. Note, it was working fine last night and this morning before the update. I can clearly see the Roon and Music servers on my NAS. But, the Roon remotes on my mac desktop and notebook are no longer able to find the Roon Core.

With all this COVID 19 stuff, I just want to chill and listen to music this weekend. Please help me keep my sanity during these times. Much thanks!

Have you tried rebooting the NAS with the RoonCore? That sometimes helps.

Yes, thank you. That was my first move. I even did it twice for good measure. I can see the NAS and Roon Core on my network.

I just entered the Package Center on my NAS and can see the Roon Server is running with the proper permissions. I even stopped it and started it on the NAS.

Is this correct, Roon core on the NAS and remote on the Mac? And the update was done for the remote on the Mac? Was the update done on the Roon Core/server? Can you get to the Web UI from your browser using the core IP address? You can see the build number from the Web UI.

If the core has not been updated and the remote has been then perhaps that is the issue. I don’t think cycling the core device will force the update but that could be wrong.

Hi Mike,

You are correct on the sequence of events. That said, there may have been a core update as well and I didn’t catch it in the dialog box before clicking OK.

I can see the Roon Core through the Web UI. I’m not sure where to look for the Roon build number.

Can you post the Web UI screen here?

Not sure what yours will look like running on the NAS but the Roon Server Software version should be listed there.

This is my Nuc/Rock version.

1 Like

Sorry, the only Web UI I know how to access is the one for the NAS, which the Roon Server is attached. I do not know the IP address of my Roon Server.

Robert,

Mike is referencing ROCK OS’s Web UI. You are using RoonServer for Linux, which functions like RoonServer for Windows or MAC and does not have Web UI he is referencing.

1 Like

Hi @ROBERT_D_SMITH.

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

Thank you, Dylan. I messaged you the dropbox links to the RAAT and ROON server logs. Please let me know if you didn’t receive them.

Cheers.

Okay, I just discovered my Blue O/S won’t even recognize music files on the NAS music server.

I, once again, rebooted the NAS and for some reason, Roon is working again. The Blue OS isn’t, but Roon is and that’s all that matters to me right now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.