All Roon apps crash when searching for exact term: "World in Motion"

Roon Core Machine

ASUS ROG GR8 II
Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired Ethernet from fiber router to Core
Music library is stored on Synology NAS connected to Roon Core server via ethernet.
No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

Allo Digione/Rpi connected to Bel Canto e.One DAC 3 via BNC

Number of Tracks in Library

18,354 tracks
edit to add: No streaming services are being used

Description of Issue

Whenever I search for the exact term “World in Motion” the roon app crashes on all platforms: Mac, PC, and iOS. Searching for “World in motio” works. But as soon as I press the last “n” the apps instantly crash. I can type in “New Order World in Motion” and it doesn’t crash. Below are some screenshots of searches that work. But I can’t get a screenshot of the crash.

If I type in additional search terms like “New Order World in Motion” it works, but then if I go in and delete “New Order” it crashes. Any additional letters or a different word order works, but as soon as the search term is exactly “World in Motion” – instant crash.

This one doesn’t bite me unlike the aerial one did.
So not sure what else is going on with your rig?

1 Like

What’s that one about?

1 Like

Thanks. Searching for “Aerials” works for me.
Interesting that that was just a few days ago.
I’m a new Roon user (free trial just ended) and I noticed this crashing behavior about two weeks ago, but I’m just getting around to posting about it now.

The topic title has “[Ticket in]” that indicates that it will be followed up by Roon Labs. Interestingly, while it doesn’t seem to affect you, it is still causing my Roon to crash when I search for Aerials.

And “World in Motion” does not cause my Roon to crash…

1 Like

Just wondering and guessing: could it be related to what streaming service is used? I use Tidal, and my remote crashes with ‘aerials’ but not with ‘world in motion’.

I’m not using any streaming services. Only my local music library which is a mix of MP3, AAC, and FLAC.

1 Like

I’m currently using both Qobuz and TIDAL, along with local files, and ‘aerials’ causes the iOS app to crash, although it’s fine with ‘world in motion’.

Michael

1 Like

Same for me. World in Motion is fine but Aerials crashes roon.

Looks like with the latest update, my ‘World in Motion’ search crashing is now fixed. thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.