Allo DigiOne board

Hi Jim,

@crieke is right: which GND doesn’t matter and I searched for “big free places” for easy soldering and good contacts. That’s why the GND-pin you marked is not a good idea (too close to the 5V-pins). You asked for a picture:

Small detail: for fixing the cable I took a broken headphone cable, cut it (need only the plug), inserted the plug in the “normal headphone jack” of the Pi and fixed the cable to the plug with a cable tie!

Some tips for soldering:

• remove all unnecessary parts like DigiOne or Flashcard
  • and … it’s good to have such tools:

The left one, name “third hand”, makes soldering itself much easier, because typically you “have not enough hands”:

• one for soldering tool
  • one for solder
  • one for fixing Pi
  • one for fixing cable

So the tool can fix Pi and cable! The Multimeter on the right is to check that you didn’t solder a “short circuit”, otherwise your expensive LPS will die … If you don’t have a Multimeter I suggest the following scenario:

• again: remove all unnecessary parts like DigiOne and Flashcard (should be already done)
  • take a cheap standard USB-power adapter and use the “original micro-USB power plug” (which still works!)
  • ready for “smoke-test” ??? … btw: what comes now is where the name “smoke-test” comes from :wink:
  • plug in USB-power adapter and see what’s happening …
  • if Raspberry Pi Power LED is on :raised_hands:
  • if not … oups … maybe you smell it already (in USB-power adapter) :open_mouth:

OK, if red Raspberry Pi Power LED is on you can go for LPS, DigiOne, Flashcard …

1 Like