Allo USBridge board

uRendu is ethernet to USB…like Usbridge

Absolutely. Anyway I’m sure you looked at ways to make it work for the RPi3 and obviously performance was an issue. I’m definitely no expert.

We are all learning ,I appreciate the passion, its always good to ask questions.

I hear that RPI4 might not have those issues, but its not from a reliable source.

1 Like

Hey Johan

Ordered one.

I understand that USBridge ships ready go, with no config in DietPi needed.

If the microSD card fails and I need to reload DietPi on another card, which soundcard is to be selected? I see the Boss Dac and DigiOne as options in DietPi but not USBridge.

Cheers

USbridge comes with eMMC not SD card. Its just a faster more reliable memory.

The Boss and DigiOne are i2s outputs.Usbridge needs USB output. I will ask for a screenshot on Monday.

1 Like

Ah thanks for clarifying.

What’s the upcoming custom DietPi image going to be for?

Does is make something easier? A web interface?

A way to shutdown and reboot from a web interface would be fantastic.

1 Like
  1. Does anyone knows or tried if usbridge works or can work with dietpi as NAA with the new trial version of audirvana that support NAA?

2. I have seen somewhere a post but I can’t find it anymore where someone claimed sparky gets hot. I observed temperatures reported from dietpi from 57 to 62, mostly 62 when is playing music through Lms. Dietpi has a message when above 60 says this is not very good. Is this worrying of this message is tailored for pi which usually runs cooler?

1. NAA is designed by Signalyst and will only be compatible with HQPlayer. If you mean you would like to setup DietPi for Audirvana to recognize Sparky as a DNLA/UPnP player, you would have to look for the Software option to have a plugin that enables this option- I know Volumio and Squeezelite have this plugin, but I haven’t had success with LMS/Squeezelite (Audirvana sees the ‘device’ as “DietPi-Squeezelite” but only audio output on the Mac side :sob:

@Stefano_Galioni
2) If temperature is a worry, there is a Diet-Pi config menu to set the performance options that may help lower board temperature- Change CPU Governor/CPU Throttle up/ CPU Max Freq Utils.

Thanks for both answers, I mean DLNA/UPnp then. I have seen a DLNA/UPnP plugging for squeezebox server somewhere and maybe some modifications in the settings will make this work. That would be a great addition for usbridge IMHO.

Here is the manual.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/P56ImyIM3fj9eTFU3uYSxtaKhpIuo8bV4ebBzmiK2XS/ie74_8IfSE-WOSIolyFQzw?_encoding=UTF8&Version=1&entries=0&mgh=1

Yeap an easier webinterface.

2 Likes

What kind of clock are you using for the usbridge.

From Sparky page

Then we use a new USB IC that recloaks the stream using hi quality NDK Oscillators, and everything is powered by independent LDOs and hi frequency filters.

Thanks - I know…but this information is not very deep

Hi,

we are using NDK NZ2520SD 24Mhz

@allo.com how far away are the enclosure for the USBridge and do you have any pictures of it?

Not yet. Sorry but the manufacturer is not the fastest we have seen. The mold is ready though. Will post pics as soon as received but I cant give an estimate…soon though.

another question to the power supply…
if i use 2 psu - for my understanding - the sparky sbc could be powered with the dirty original psu and the usbridge with clean power like a botw. is there a recommendation from youre side for best sq? is there a battery/charging solution with great sound? cause the usbridge only needs 5V / 100ma…
i have a 10v psu- can i use it to power the usbridge? what is the technically tollerance…thanks