Allo USBridge board

I saw some comments above about only using USB1, can this handle DSD (64/128) to a compatible DAC? I use DSD exclusively via upsampling in Roon and native content.

Wanted to make sure before I buy.

Great question. Since the ethernet and USB donā€™t share the same bus I was hoping for even higher sample rates supported, up to Native DSD512 (if the DAC patch is available of course) .

@allo.com. could you clarify the PCM and DSD rates supported ?

Cheers

1 Like

Max in is 5.5V .

DSD64/128 fully tested and works perfectly

1 Like

32/384Khz , DSD tested up to 128. We will test the 256 this week , should work.

2 Likes

Hello Johan,
What about native DSD512 (not DoP) ?

Are you in touch with DietPi for Linux 4.9 kernel patch to allow Alsa native DSD512 playback with compatible DACs (new ESS Sabre chip equipped dacs and HOLO, T+A, Lampizator, ā€¦) ?

We have many things on our plate right now. Still finishing the new custom image with Dan , some surprises :slight_smile:

Once everything is done will look into it but I cannot guarantee it will work at DSD 512 (native)

I really hope you will ā€¦ DSD512 support is a key point for me.

Is it possible Sparky / USBridge hardware limitation ?
Seems Sonore (URendu) and SOtM (SMS-200) managed to support native DSD512.

No hardware limitations that we know ofā€¦but I am concerned about the kernel patch. Basically we need to try and see.

Problem is that we have no DAC capable of playing 512 DSD on our test setup.

I understand but more and more DACs are DSD512 enabled and ALSA patches exists.
See, for example: https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd

Ok we will look in it

he allo/ johan
wouldnĀ“t it be nice working with ropieeee?
try talking to Harry ten Bergeā€¦
he wroteā€¦
I think for this you should contact Allo. Iā€™m not gonna buy the hardware myself, and Allo has nothing on the Sparky (the SBC used by the usbridge) with respect to kernel etc. onlineā€¦

could be a great coop? with roon lcd;-)

1 Like

I contacted Harryā€¦

1 Like

I got my Allo Sparky + USBridge yesterday. Everything Runs smoothly.
At the beginning I had the problem that the device was not displayed in my router menu (Fritzbox 7490). After I had found the address, it was not a problem to set up via Putty. Mayen this may help a little.
I would also like a web interface (which is probably in the direction of the dietpi developer). The Sparky / Usbridge is connected to my Auralic Polaris.

I got my USBridge yesterday. Hooking it up was a breeze. Roon Bridge and HQ NAA working fine and sounds great out of the box and does feel like an improvement over directly going from the PC to Dac.

I need some help getting it to work Native DSD 256 and 512.

My chain:
I am running Windows PC i7 Kaby Lake build -> USBridge -> T+A Dac 8 DSD -> Nord Hypex Ncore Dual Mono -> PMC MB2 Se

I believe a Linux patch is being developed. Checkout the Computer Audiophile forum for the T+A DAC 8 thread. Thereā€™s been progress updates there but I havenā€™t checked in a while (since I trialled the T+A DAC 8 and saw it was limited to DSD128 at the time). It may be close/closer now

Thanks Sean. Looks like there is a new version out this Thursday.Iā€™ll have to manually install it. Shall give it a try.

1 Like

No not yet. Please allow us some time to test and fix bugs.

Hi everyone who use the Allo USBridge with Sparky,

I received mine yesterday delivered to my door by DHL.
I waited today with unpacking the package, everything was there!
So I put everything on place and connected it, started my computer and it works perfectly :+1:.
Thereā€™s a red and blue light on Sparky and the blue light is lighting constant, but the red light is on and off with the same interval? Slowly type 2 seconds between on and off! I have looked everywhere but I canā€™t find anything about it, so Iā€™m asking here if someone nows why? For example @allo.com Johan!
On the USBridge is a red light constantly on!
But I can play TIDAL Masters MQA from my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC and change to my B.M.C Pure Dac and playing 16/44.1 up sample to 24/192 and with my different DSP settings.
It works perfectly, I havenā€™t tried DSD or Signalyst HQPlayer yet!
I have a photo on the audio because I donā€™t know what is ASIO or WASAPI! Okay now itā€™s ALSA and what is atm7059_link?

Iā€™m a totally newbie when it comes to work or using products like this, but I have got great advice and perfect service from Allo and especially Ioan at Allo! We have had lots of email contact!
So Thanks Everyone at Allo :+1:.

Best
Anders

Please use it as 384Khz and DSD 128 max for the moment . We are still trying to see if we can enable higher .