Allo USBridge Sig compare to ultraRendu

Can someone with both a USBridge Signature and ultraRendu describe the coloring differences between these two devices? What DAC do you have it connected to? And, do you upsample or apply any additional DSP? Thank you.

I have an Allo Digione Signature and want to switch to USB. Have narrowed down to these two devices and just need to be swayed one way or the other. Feel free to recommend other endpoints if you feel strongly about them as well. I know both devices are very excellent but am looking for comment from those that have or have had both at the same time for direct A/B comparison in their systems.

What was your decision?

A “Zombie Post” occurs when someone revives a dead post of which I’d consider my post from May of 2020 dead. Therefore, this is now a good example of a Zombie. :slight_smile:

There has been so much new gear in the 3 years since I asked this it’s not really relevant any more. Additionally, Pi boards are almost impossible to obtain and it caused Allo to list darn near everything they make as out of stock for the past… oh gosh… year+ now. Not to mention much issue I’ve had recently with the CM3 keeping up with DSD256. The ultraRendu is still very much an “alive” product but has a lot more comment here in the community in the last 3 years. You may find a number of posts of what users have replaced their Rendu with via the search.

Streamers, or as I like to call them Digital Transports, evolve quickly. Nothing talked about 6 months ago should be considered real or valid info as software changes just that quickly.

For me… well… I’ve had many changes but that next digital transport seems to always be on my mind. Much more so than 3 years ago. Just too many of the darn things to choose from now.

1 Like