Alphabetical shortcut for Artist view

So where has this gone?ni have nearly 700 artists in my library and it’s a pain in the proverbial to select an artist that doesn’t begin with A…or Z. Am I doing something wrong or has the abc feature simply been removed?

Just start typing, you will zoom there. If you don’t have a keyboard device, there is a pull down bar on the right side of the screen that will appear when you touch the screen.

Many thanks,I use an iPad and I guess you mean the filter. Yes,this does work,although I think I still prefer the abc button at the bottom of the page. Thank you

No , go to artist view, touch the screen 1cm from edge a grey sausage appears , drag it and you get A B C Etc as you drag

You can use the Filter Funnel as well but the drag is quicker

Same in Composer view if sorted A-Z
Same Album view

1 Like

Ah,yes,got it. Not sure if I prefer it or not to the old method but that’s probably because I was so used to the previous version. Great,that helps a lot

Which is a completely different thing than alphabetic shortcut. I may be useful when scrolling, but it cannot replace going to e.g. Dyl with three quick touches. Neither is the filter, if I want to go to Ba and enter it in the filter, I see half my library

I see we already discussed the exact same thing about album view: Why has the Alphabetic way of quick searching gone in 1.8?