Always have to reenable web display after core update

I use an iPad as a dedicated web display for Roon. Works great, except every time the Roon core updates I need to go into the Displays section of its settings, reenable the “ios-webview” display, then go to the zone, reenable the display again there, and click the “start on playpack” toggle (again). This appears to occur with every update. Annoying…

2 Likes

Hey @Thomas_Smith,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I apologize for the delay in getting to your thread.

May I ask, is there a specific reason you’re wanting to use the iPad as a web display versus the now playing screen? There are a few viewing options within the now-playing screen that would grant you very similar experiences.

That said, I’ve shared your report with our team who will take a closer look at reproducing the issue in-house. I don’t have any timelines for this, but I’ll be sure to report back with any new information. :+1:

Yes, the iPad is actually running custom media system control software, and has a dedicated stand. There’s a page in it with an embedded web browser (WebView) that is set to display the Roon Now Playing screen.

Hi @Thomas_Smith,

What software specifically?

Overall, because you’re using Roon on the iPad, and it’s quite important to keep Roon updated on the device, it’s likely you’ll need to repeat the connection process after an update.

It’s based on the DemoPad platform. But just to be clear, this iPad (and others in other rooms) are only used to display what’s currently playing if Roon is the active media source. Roon itself is not installed on the iPad - Another device with the Roon client is required to select the media. It would be really nice if a Core update could simply preserve the list of configured web displays.

Hey @Thomas_Smith,

Thanks for the additional info - I’ve shared your issue with our team and should have more information to share later this week. :+1: