Amazon Fire 8 - Performance (Roon Remote)

Hi Eric
Let me live with this for a while longer as is. I’ll get back to you.

In the meantime is there anyway we can fix roon loading very slowly on Amazon hd8? Compared to my LG v30 phone app Amazon fire hd 8 can sometimes take five minutes to load. This is even true when I switch out to another application (like Chrome) and then come back in after a few minutes.

It always comes up with remote connection waiting for remote core. As I mentioned the phone is very fast, the Amazon tablet isn’t

@Eric any idea with the Amazon fire issue?

Hi @STEPHEN_ANDREWS ----- Thank you for touching base with me. I have went ahead and split your most recent posts out to their own topic so we can address this behavior with the Amazon Fire HD8 acting as a Roon remote.

Moving forward, I did some searching around on the Roon forums to see what experience has been like for other users with this device acting as a remote and it seems most are happy with the device’s performance (Example #1, Example #2, Example #3). Since noticing this behavior with the HD8 have you tired reinstalling the application on the device?

Furthermore, you made the following comment in your report:

“Compared to my LG v30 phone app Amazon fire hd 8 can sometimes take five minutes to load. This is even true when I switch out to another application (like Chrome) and then come back in after a few minutes.”

If I am understanding this observation correctly, and due please correct me if I am wrong :innocent:, but are you also noticing performance issue with other application on the device?

-Eric

Hi. No other performance issues just roon. Seems to take forever to locate my core and sits and loads for a long time

Thank you for touching base with me @STEPHEN_ANDREWS, the follow up is appreciated.

Continuing forward, in regard to the HD8…

• As suggested in my previous, have you tried reinstalling the application on the device?

• When you notice that the device is underperforming are there any other active processes or applications running on the unit?

-Eric

Yes I have reinstlled the device. There are no other processes running and its a brand new tablet. Its like it always forgets the location of the core everytime I switch out of Roon. Sometimes it goes straight back in but when when needs to reboot the database it takes forever to reload.

Thank you for verifying that information for me @STEPHEN_ANDREWS and my apologies for delayed response.

Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your account to see if we can determine would could possible be causing slowness with the HD8. However, the application must be active on both your core machine and the HD8 for the report to successfully reach our servers. Just to re-confirm the HD8 does eventually connect to the core, it just takes some time, correct?

Additionally, how is the H8 doing on free memory?

-Eric