Analysis showing 0/18000

Hi. So I got the remote working a week ago , forgot to notify here.

I was just wondering , sometimes when I start Roon , and I check the status of the tracks being analyzed , sometimes it keeps showing analyzed tracks as 0/18000 for example , for a good couple of hours , even though Roon is running , connected to the internet , playing music , and the speed is set to Fast (3 Cores.)

Is there something to this?

Hi @ro_bob93,

Does this number change at all ever, or is it always 0/18000. Can you share a screenshot of this as well as a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

If you reboot your Core machine does this go away?

Hi, so basically it stays stuck at 0 unless I change the speed setting. So if the last saved setting is Fast (2 Cores) , I have to change it down or up , either way , to get the number to start moving. I will share a screenshot soon.

Hi @ro_bob93,

I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing here. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and I’ll enable diagnostics on your account. When the diagnostics report is uploaded I’ll send it over to our team for analysis.

Hi @dylan , Sorry for the late response .

I finally took the time to do the steps you asked me to . Got tired of having to manually try to make the audio analysis run.

Here are the timestamps for the steps taken.
Note : Speed was constantly set to Fast (2 Cores ) , and analysis remained stuck on 0/5984 songs.
No songs were playing when i did this.

20:56 : Reboot the core machine.
20:57 : Machine reboots. I start Roon.
21:02 : Reboot the core machine.
21:03 : Machine reboots . I start Roon.
21:08 : 5 mins up.

This is all on 19th April. and in Indian Standard Time.

Hope this helps solve the issue.

Otherwise I’ve been having a great time listening on Roon , and discovering all it’s nifty features.
The only problem is not enough time to listen to all my music .
If only you guys could also invent 30 hour days…

@support , Tried to get the analysis going again today , still no luck.

Hi @ro_bob93,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @ro_bob93,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.

Hi @dylan
Here’s the link to my logs

Analysis has been stuck all week , and I think I got the 1.6 update today.

Hope this helps , and analysis gets done before i apply for annual membership next month.

Thanks !

Thanks, @ro_bob93. I’ve passed the logs over to the team for analysis.

Hi , @dylan , any progress on the analysis on the logs?Background Analysis is still stuck on my core for now.

Hi @ro_bob93,

Can you try removing the following tracks and let me know if the same behavior occurs?

D:\Music\Folders\Daft Punk - Discovery\01 One More Time 1.mp3     
D:\Music\Folders\The Black Keys - Brothers [2010-MP3-Cov][Bubanee]\03 - Tighten Up.mp3     
D:\Music\Folders\[1996] Homework - Daft Punk 177mb @ 320kbs [only1joe]\Around The World.mp3    
D:\Music\Folders\prodigy-Music For The Jilted Generation(mp3){tre123wor}\The prodigy - Poison.mp3

Hi , I’ve deleted these songs for now .

Although I’d like to share with you , as soon as i posted my last message the other day , I tried fiddling with the background analysis by turning it off and on , and voila ! i managed to get a 1000 tracks analyzed before i shut off Roon to do some other work.

Analysis seems to be working today as well. So I don’t know … But let’s observe for a few days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.