Android 8.1.0 Frozen

I am having the same problem–when I first started Roon Remote, got a message that a new version was available. Couldn’t do any thing from phone (Android 8.1.0) so I restarted core and did the “update” from there. After that remote would start and then become unresponsive.

Jack

Hi @Jack_Corneveaux,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please let me know your Core model/manufacturer and the model/manufacturer of your Android phone? Thanks!

I have the same problem.
Lenovo tablet with Android 8.1

Hi @Eric_Gustafsson,

Thanks for the additional report. We are aware of this issue and are looking into it, for a status update please see here:

I appreciate your patience during this ongoing investigation.

Any progress?
When can I expect it to be solved?

//eric

I think the patience of your customers is growing thin. Roon releases an update that makes older Samsung products obsolete (Galaxy G5 in my case). At least my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 was working until sometime over the last couple of days when it decided to become non-functional as well. Have uninstalled, re-started, and re-loaded numerous times with no improvement. The worst thing is the complete lack of any usable information or updates. You refer people to the “status update” that tells you absolutely nothing and was last updated 2/25. This is not the way you treat customers if you expect them to remain loyal customers.

2 Likes

Hi @Eric_Gustafsson/@sutherla,

Apologies for the delay, finding out the root cause of this issue was a bit trickier and we needed specific gear to reproduce the behavior in the lab.

Since we have been able to reproduce the behavior, the devs are working on a change in our next release which should help with this behavior. As per policy though, we can’t share an exact timeline of when the release will be published.

Thank you in advance for your patience while the new build is being worked on, any new announcements we have regarding this issue will be posted in the thread above or mentioned in the Release Notes Section of this site when the new release is published.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.