Android app having trouble finding Linux Core

I understand everyone is frustrated, and we are too. We are in the process of running another round of tests with an affected user to see if a new theory pans out, but so far we have yet to ever reproduce this in house, across our entire team (most of who use Android day to day) or across all of our alpha testers.

It is very very hard to fix a bug you’ve never seen occur, but we are still working on this and as I mentioned, there is testing in progress right now.

Just to reiterate what I’ve said above, and also to provide some background – I just took a look in the Play Store to get a sense of our numbers, and I can confirm our Android application has been downloaded by thousands and thousands of users.

The number of users in this thread is less than 50, and that includes users who have a mix of devices that work and don’t work, or people who sometimes see this issue and other times do not. It also includes Eric, Vova, and I.

The point is, this issue is actually pretty rare, and obviously you’re not going to see a lot of people reporting that everything is working fine.

This is not an excuse, nor are we giving up on solving this issue. I just want everyone to have some perspective on how widespread this is, and give some background for why we haven’t been able to reproduce.

We’ve collected detailed setup information from most of you, and if everyone was using the same router, or the same tablet, or the same Linux distribution, we would make sure to test in that configuration or buy that hardware, but sadly that’s not what the data showed, and this is occurring on all sorts of networks and hardware configurations, which again, is why this has gone on so long.

Again, I understand the frustration everyone – we are working to get this right, and we’ll continue to be open about our efforts and progress. Thanks all.

3 Likes