Android clients do find Core but stuck on "Connecting..."

Roon Core Machine

ROCK v1 b227, SW v1.8 b970, Dell, i5, 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

KPN Box 12 (Sagem) router, Netgear 5port switch, TP-Link Deco 5 access point. The Roon Core server and NAS are connected via the Netgear switch.

Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I changed my dual router setup (the TP-Link was still configured in router mode) to a single router setup: KPN modem/router > TP-Link in access point mode. I also gave my wired network devices (among else,Roon Core server) fixed IP addresses.

I now can only connect to Roon Core with my Windows 10 notebook. Both my Samsung S10E phone and Samsung Tab A tablet cannot connect anymore. They both do find Roon core, but when trying to connect nothing happens. Both give the Roon Core details and the message “Connecting…”, with the red dot.

This is what I tried:

• Restarting Roon Core
  • Restarting phone and tablet
  • Clearing app data & cache phone and tablet
  • Reinstalling the app on phone and tablet
  • Disabling randomized MAC

Now I’m frustrated and out of ideas. What is going on here and how can I get my setup back to functioning properly?

Hello @Rienk_Douma, welcome to the community!

You should try to simply your network as described in this guide.

Thanks for your swift reply Martin. I read the tips in the link you provided. Not sure what I can do to optimize my network. I have a single access point and both my Roon server and my NAS have a wired connection.

1 Like

I assume that Roon is performing fine with you laptop as control, but you can’t connect your mobile devices. Are these on a VLAN, or do they share the same subnet as your core? Do you have a VPN?

TP-Link Deco 5 access point

What IP addresses do the core and the wireless connected devices have?
Just making sure access mode is working correctly.